Why Do You Think There Is A Spike In Covid Cases?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

There was never going to be a way to not have spikes. Humans are the fuel of this virus and it has to burn through it or we have to develop a vaccine. If the liberals would stop lying for one min. and remember what was said several months ago it was that we need to flatten the curve. Not that we can eliminate it. This was so the hospitals would not be over whelmed. Now because of the election and they want to try to pin anything they can real or fake mostly fake on Trump they are trying to re-frame it as Trump wants citizens to die. LOL. No one buy the most deluded liberal buys that crap. This virus is a bit more deadly than a bad seasonal flu but not as bad as other viruses yet the liberals are so desperate for power they are willing to destroy the country and the economy to get it. They would rather be captain of a sinking ship than not in power of a luxury liner.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

There is a spike in cases because COVID has evolved to be transmitted between organisms and hijack host cells.

Anony Mous got it right - there is a spike in cases, but not in deaths.

Basically, COVID is lethal to elderly people and people with underlying health issues. It's not very lethal to everyone else.

So, only the vulnerable should be shielded or self-isolate. Everyone else should be getting on with life as normal.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

It really is shameless. I rarely watch the national news because it's always so negative. I did happen to watch the opening of the morning national news today. "Record COVID this morning blah, blah, blah." The video that was shown was shot in a hospital. There was a medical team all dressed in the maximum protective gear and they were frantically working to keep the patient alive. They even did a close up of the intubation! The background music was intense and dramatic. I couldn't help but think, "My God! That might happen to me! Orange man bad!!" In reality I know a few people who have actually tested positive for COVID. Only one ended up in the hospital and he is in his 50's, morbidly obese (and I mean morbidly) and diabetic among other ailments. He was hospitalized for a few days and went home. He is back to work now. The rest of the people I know at worst felt kind of lousy for a few days.

• minimus
    minimus

Many people I personally know put their masks on, stayed holed up in their homes, didn’t leave literally for months! Now these same people have had enough. No more shaming others on Facebook. Now the attitude is we just have to live through this thing like the world has when every other scourge has hit.

No more hiding in the basement !!

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

didn’t leave literally for months

Where I live we had a great summer. How many people wasted it by sitting indoors binge watching crap on Netflix?

• minimus
    minimus

And eating....

• shadowclone
    shadowclone

It's quite impressive to see how many infectious disease experts post here

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I think basically it began to flourish through people

(a) Having a me first attitude and to Hell with everyone else. If I want to do it I’m going to do it and no one is going to stop me.

(B) People just not listening.

I live in a country where people did listen. The threat was taken seriously with immediate shut down. None compliance was meet with public naming and shaming on national TV, and court appearances. I think the results speak for themselves really. Covid is almost a thing of the past. I’ve kept my job, house prices are booming with very low interest rates, and the local economy is in good shape compared to other western countries. The present government that handled the covid situation, steam rolled the opposition in the elections a few weeks back, and it has been stated that the election was won on the handling of Covid. I don’t think it was a case of the opposition doing badly but rather the present government doing well. I must admit this was a major factor in my voting decision. I think for a relatively small country, of only a couple of million people, we are the envy of the world.

I’m my opinion this “to hell with anyone else attitude” can be seen with gun laws in the USA. Right to bear arms, first amendment, and absolutely no one is going to tell me anything else. Now, like covid, they have got a problem that is almost out of control. https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5657575071678464/walmart-pulling-guns-ammo

Telling indeed.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

I live in a country where people did listen.

What country do you live in? Sounds like paradise and I want to visit. It's entirely possible I've already been there.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

You are correct it is paradise. That is why my country is consistently in the top 5 places in the world that people want to live in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit