Why Do You Think There Is A Spike In Covid Cases?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Any thoughts??

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

too many ordinary people just trying to get on with their lives..mixing--getting too close--risking it---and for the most part will not suffer at all.

• Simon
    Simon

Because people realize it isn't that serious now that medical treatment has adapted to handle it and it can't really be contained (the cost of containment is too great). Hands up anyone who thinks we could eradicate the regular flu?

Also, the increased testing finds more cases.

• minimus
    minimus

Seems like the flu, we may have to live with it. Imagine if were made to stay home because someone could get a terrible cold. Or pneumonia. Or a virus.

• Littlewilly
    Littlewilly

Probable causes, people closely interacting with one another, ambient temperature lowering.

The contagious problem with this virus is people who get the virus who are asymptomatic carrying on like they dont have it and passing it over to other people who may also be asymptomatic, then these people pass it on to people who become symptomatically ill.

• minimus
    minimus

Probably we all will get it and many not even know it

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

That is actually ideal. Like the Black Death humanity will adapt though some will fall. However unlike the Black Death 1/3 of the world population will not die here.

• Simon
    Simon
    humanity will adapt though some will fall

The countries with the highest death rates appear to be the ones with the lowest deaths from flu in the last couple of years. i.e. they have a stored potential of people living past their time which caused spikes due to their vulnerability.

Once that "dry tinder" burnt up, the curves have normalized and the death-rate has fallen, dramatically in some cases.

The media is still obsessing over "cases" though because they don't want no-news, they want to show graphs spiking and politicians also like excuses to control people and don't want to lift off the gas and admit it was all an over-reaction and nothing people did with or without masks really has made much significant difference.

I've yet to see clear evidence of masks having an effect, all the curves seem to ignore the mandates completely, almost like the virus didn't get the memo.

• Incognito
    Incognito

As Simon mentioned, is the number actually higher or are more people now being diagnosed positive only because of increased testing?

A better indicator would be indications of the ratio of positive results compared to the number of tests conducted, now vs earlier in the year.

I'm not certain that would be a fair comparison as testing has evolved. Were the tests looking for the exact same indicators earlier in the year compared to now?

I also understand the ability to recognize a positive result is a matter of the sensitivity of the test and the test method utilized. Is test sensitivity now greater than it had been so more are now diagnosed positive whereas those same people may not have been diagnosed positive if tested using an older test type or method?

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Why do you think there is a spike in Covid Cases?

SEX!

Do you realize how many single people have been without sex for the past 8 months!!!!!

One jw girl made the comment; "I'm never gonna get laid" Then she was reproved by her parents for saying such a thing, but at the same time they are very worried she is going to leave the "truth". At least that's what I was told by one of her relatives. There is no secrets in the organization

Then I encouraged my jw friend to go after her because he has been in love with her for who knows how long, and she won't last long because she has all the genes in the right place and just turned 18. So he called her up and asked her if she would be willing to have some coffee with him at Starbucks. She said yes!!!

My friend said after the first date at Starbucks they sat in his car and kissed and he couldn't help himself and just touched all her legs from the ankles all the way to the top----and she let him. When he left the car he said they were both dying and needed more. So they are getting married in a few weeks.

I warned him-----"don't tell anyone you caressed her legs or I guarantee you the wedding will be called off."

He agreed!

Thanks Covid!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit