Why Do You Think There Is A Spike In Covid Cases?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

There is a spike in cases, but not deaths. Basically, more people are getting it because people are getting sick and tired from being inside. Go to the supermarket and you'll see, people are close again, they aren't staying 6 feet away.

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Wasn't there a warning a few months ago that case numbers would rise in the fall?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

More testing = more positive results. If there were absolutely ZERO tests performed the number of cases would drop to zero also, of course flu and cold cases would spike dramatically. If testing were completely stopped the only thing increasing would be the number of possible COVID-19 cases, and that is exactly what the state I live in and several surrounding states are now including in the reported numbers of cases. Numbers greatly inflated that way.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I think the comments thus far on this thread pretty much explain why. Take it for what its worth.

• bennyk
    bennyk

For those who can read Dutch:

https://www.hln.be/binnenland/daarom-gaat-verspreiding-in-europa-zo-snel-nieuwe-variant-van-coronavirus-is-besmettelijker~a3620724/

'The new mutation is more infectious.'

Also note that the percentage of positive tests is increasing.

• minimus
    minimus

I went to a local bar I frequent and no one was wearing a mask.

• Simon
    Simon
    A better indicator would be indications of the ratio of positive results compared to the number of tests conducted, now vs earlier in the year.

That measure is available and, like deaths, is falling so isn't reported because it's not as sensational as a rocketing number of cases.

• Littlewilly
    Littlewilly

There is a spike in cases, but not deaths

That might be due to the medical community being able to keep people alive due learned treatments and discovered drugs such as Remdesivir

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

In Victoria Australia we were having more than 700 new cases a day in July, in the last week there has been a few days with 0 new cases, masks are mandatory in all public places at this time and I think this has helped a lot. The lock down was eased this week and I've seen numerous trick or treaters out and about today and I'm not sure that is necessary at this time.

RB

• LV101
    LV101

It's week (now less) before the election.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit