Reminders of an abuser

by Lady Lee 58 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Gambit

It is never too late to start writing again

Glad you know you are finding some of what I write helpful

BT - just hanging in there - was just listening to a song on the TV I won't back down

Special K - got it and responded already Thanks so much

Waiting - I don't know about the cute part but I sure went zoom zoom. You know I don't think I will let this stop me either. I will accomodate or overcome - whichever works for me

XW - I girl I miss seeing you around here (((XW))) Thanks

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

((((((((Lee))))))) Words fail me when I need them the most, as at this time. But if I may borrow Waiting's words:

I can't imagine you not learning to accomodate anything in your life. You just seem like that kinda person.

waiting

You are such an incredibly strong individual and, if I may be so bold and slightly melodramatic, an example for us all. If I had a clue what to say to you, I'd send you an email but it seems that this must suffice for now. You are in my thoughts.

Love,

Dana

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

(((safe)))

I had a post to you then ewent back and realized I misunderstood what you said - too bad cuz my way was really funny - so had to delete my post and just let ya know thanks

Lee - of the been relatively pain free today class - woohoo

mind you I've sat here all morning not walking anywhere except to get to the kitchen

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

(((((Lee)))) Ya know something? I'd probably really enjoy hearing your first post...ya know, the one that was funny? Personally, I think that a sense of humor has saved my life on more than one occasion...what say you? BTW...you will soon have a PM, assuming they're working again. You are one person that I feel I MUST talk to; we survivors gotta stick together, hey?

With real warmth and love,

Dana

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

BTW Lee, I've sent you a PM...let me know if you don't recieve it, ok?

Dana

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

ummm I thought you said I was being slightly melodramatic

and I was going to respond that if it was only slightly I would have to try harder

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

I'm ROFL Lee

No, my point was that "I" was being slightly melodramatic Not you...never you.

Dana

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I see this thread is working again. I think we lost a couple of posts on it but at least we didn't lose the whole thing

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Wow 3 months later and I rediscovered this and read it all. You people are awesome and I want to thank you all for the support. A lot has happened in the last few months. Many of you know this but figured I would put the updated version here

Had the surgery and thankfully no cancer but will need regular check-ups.

I am still using a cane (in and out of the van) or the wheelchair (for longer trips like grocery shopping).

I tried an experiement on Saturday. I have been very kind to my feet in the last few weeks. And as a result have not been in the continual excruciating pain that I was. I thinking that maybe some real healing of the micro tears in the ligaments under my foot had happened I went for a short walk without the cane - just a quick pop into the store and out again.

Bad move.

I have been in major foot pain ever since. So lesson learned. Until I get my new orthotics I go no where without the cane or the wheelchair.

Speaking of orthotics - what a royal pain that has been. Originally I went to a chiropractor and had some molds made for the orthotics. They thought my arch was too high on the mold so "adapted" it and of course then it didn't fit properly. So we sent them back and they redid them. The second time they were just as bad. They took the mold from the left foot and made an exact copy for my right foot. Ummm this will not work either because NO ONE has two identical feet. Scratch the Orthotic Group.

So last week I went to the podiatrist and had plaster casts made of my feet. She took some very precise measurements of my feet and lo and behold not only are my feet different from each other - they are extremely different from each other (which explains a lifelong problem with shoes). I should get the new casts in about 2 - 3 weeks. Hopefully these will work.

I've heard some people start using the orthotics and never have pain again. Others continue to suffer. I'm trying to be optimistic without being unrealistic. Hubby is sort of living in denial. Get the Orthotics and life will go back to normal. - I don't want to go there because I really don't want to be disappointed.

So I am hoping that if I take it slow and allow the damage to heal and use the orthotics that given time I will not need the wheelchair. If the damage doesn't heal and the orthotic only stops it from getting worse then that too is a good thing. I will still have my cane and wheelchair.

Worst case is that the damage continues to worsen. But as long as I can find ways to minimize the pain I know I will be OK. And well, at least it is my feet and not my head.

Just me rambling a bit tonight

Thank you all again to ((((an awesome bunch of people)))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit