Is it me or is John Cedars channel becoming a self important circle fest

by phoenixrising 60 Replies latest social entertainment

• Mowgliandbalu
    Mowgliandbalu

For me, a born in and therefore uneducated :-) PIMO with low english language skills from Germany (Hello everyone!) Lloyd's videos were an excellent source in my waking-up-process. His English and his way of speaking were (and are) easy for me to understand. I'm glad, he is here and hope, he's doin' well, economically too!

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

For me also. If all on this board were as zealous (and as articulate as Lloyd), the exJW community would make tremendous strides toward awakening loyalist JWs to their plight.

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

Listener, I forgot about that. Yes he did go on and on about aggressive activism. He stands with the terrorist group BLM at least IMO from what I have seen on his comments he does and then goes against JWs who were sexually abused going to a congregation to voice their grievance. If I get your point right you are maybe saying he is an opportunist? I can see that.

I also saw he was making this movie the truth about the truth and asking for funding and backers and traveling all over to film it. Not sure we need another movie there have been many documentary's made on the cult and all one needs to do is watch some of these. But then silence on this movie that is going to come out. Not sure if they just don't know what they are doing and its not working out or if like you say he is trying to figure out how to sell it to someone. I think money is his main focus not the cult and showing it to be dangerous.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think Lloyd's motives are O.K. I also think he is a bit of an attention seeking narcissist, maybe. He certainly left this Site in a Hissy Fit one day, over what was , yes, a personal attack, an Ad Hominem, but it didn't seem to me that distancing himself from here was very productive for his main work of waking up JW's, at the time.

His work is valuable, as many have testified, he helped them wake up, and to successfully follow the Road to Freedom.

Keep up that good work Lloyd !

• mikronboy
    mikronboy

If Mr. Evans was posting incognito I would probably regard him with as much respect as I do the many folk who have posted here anonymously and in doing so have been of great help to ex's and would be leavers. As it is, I fear that what I see is mainly self-aggrandisement and as such I find his videos impossible to watch.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Everybody don't like everybody but everybody likes somebody. Personally I like John Cedars. His commentary is sometimes a bit much but it's usually factual and up to date.'

You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time!

just saying!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

John likes to hear himself talk. Takes him 2 hours to say what could have been said in 10 minutes. And more listeners would have tuned in.

"For me also. If all on this board were as zealous (and as articulate as Lloyd), the exJW community would make tremendous strides toward awakening loyalist JWs to their plight."

I agree, however as they say "you only one chance to make a first impression." and frankly if I was a lurking JW and saw him for the first time and his grooming I would think to myself this guy looks like "I don't give a shit" There is a reason why JWs dress up when they go to their meetings and in service....they want people to take them seriously. I'm not saying he needs to put a suit on, however how about running a comb through your hair and maybe something besides a T shirt.

When I see all the Star War figurines and paraphernalia in his "Bunker" I think this someone who hasn't quite grown up yet.

Sorry, but if your real purpose is to help as many people as possible out of the Borg and to make adult decisions in their lives, please look like one.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    If I understand it correctly the daughter of Ray Franz has authorized additional copies to be published by her as she inherited the rights to the work. Correct this if I am wrong.

Ray friends didn't have kids. That was part of his regrets about JWs, he gave up having kids and he knew his wife would be without kids once he'd pass on. I don't know who the new copy rights holder is; or should I say, her relationship to Ray Franz.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Whilst in America he went to Watchtower headquarters in Warwick. He has a clip where he is filming for this super do per movie.

I was surprised by this as well. He did try to excuse that a non agressive activism, but I think this falls in his short comings. By and large, he is against "agressive activism". And while I understand people's desire to confront a bunch of hypocrites (some elders) hoping to wake a few in the process, this largely had the oposite effect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit