Is it me or is John Cedars channel becoming a self important circle fest

by phoenixrising 60 Replies latest social entertainment

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

I still like the commentary on the JW.ORG monthly’s, I can skip through some parts. But it seems like he is pushing too hard to put out videos and the quality is getting very low on the content.

• Simon
    Simon

He's a grifter, wants other people to pay him a salary for his 'activism', so he has to put out regular content to justify it whether there's really anything to say or not.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The moment Lloyd Evans monetized his activism was the moment he lost credibility. John Cedars - The Channel. John Cedars - The T-Shirt. Next thing you know we will have a John Cedars theme park.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I bought one of the air fryers he sells on the Home Shopping Network and so far it works pretty well.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

RubaDub -

Do you make french fries in your John Cedars air fryer? Do you taste those french fries, smile, and say,"Tastes like apostasy"?

• fulano
    fulano

I hate his nasty accent.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Do you make french fries in your John Cedars air fryer?

@truth b known ...

Now that you mention it, the fries did have an odd taste. I thought it was the brand of fries I bought and not the fryer but who knows. I'll try a different brand and report back later.

• Corney
    Corney

According to his attorney, Lloyd Evans is "the only full-time ex-Jehovah's Witness advocate in the world. His day job solely involves keeping abreast of the latest developments within the Jehovah's Witnesses across the board, across the whole spectrum of the religion... [N]obody is spending as much time as he is on analysing what's going on in the Jehovah's Witnesses now and nobody has written and researched it as extensively as he has... [T]here is nobody who is following this organisation, this religious group, as closely as Mr Evans is, so his knowledge and his huge expertise is crucial if this inquiry [the IICSA] is to be a meaningful inquiry."

"Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth."

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think it’s amusing it takes 2 hours or more to “review” a one hour JW broadcast. That would be worse than watching the actual broadcast itself. But apparently some people do watch the whole thing. Surely 10 or 20 minutes could suffice. Not that Lloyd soliciting or liable to take advice.

I’d say JW facts is more extensive and useful than JW survey. Barbara Anderson’s documents site is good too, but some of the older links no longer work.

I think Ray Franz and Randall Watters each at one time derived their main income from JW related book sales. No doubt there are others too.

Do none of the other contributors to JW survey get paid, because others seems to do a lot of the work.

*I just checked and Barbara’s documents site seems to be gone, that’s a shame. There were some rare documents not found elsewhere.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    But it seems like he is pushing too hard to put out videos and the quality is getting very low on the content.

The problem is that all videos are presented with equal importance. He has some very good videos, like the comments on specific pedophile cases, but they get lost in the numerous “small talk” videos such as the "confinement videos".

"He's a grifter", “The moment Lloyd Evans monetized his activism was the moment he lost credibility”.

To say that someone is ill intended because he monetizes his service is a JW narrative. They say this while taking ample donations, even accepting estates that would normally go to the deceased’s relatives. Its double talk.

Lloyd and his friends provide entertainment, useful information that demands research, emotional support to many in need and also assistance with larger organizations such as law enforcements/lawyers/media.

All this requires a lot of work and talent. Most of what he does is actually free and you’re criticizing the man because he accepts donations and sell shirts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit