Is it me or is John Cedars channel becoming a self important circle fest

by phoenixrising 60 Replies latest social entertainment

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

I hate his nasty accent.

Uncertain what button his demeanor pushes for me....he sounds kinda' like every smarmy CO who ever slithered into my life (50% were like that, IMO), or maybe a Shaklee sales person from 'corporate.'

Some of the content caught my attention but I can't get by his presentation. The content is not really unique so ... why tolerate the nausea?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Ha! Is that a joke? He didn’t apologise for outing faders on Facebook or making illegal copies of Crisis of Conscience.

I don't remember him outing faders. I know he was accused of this, but never saw any evidence of this. Aside from that story (which I don't know if it is indeed true), he's been effective at respecting fadders throughout the 7 years he's been active as an "apostate".

As for crisis of Conscience, you're right, I've never heard any excuse for that one. What bothered me about this was not the fact he printed and sold the book, at the time, the book wasn't sold anywhere; the copyright holder wasn't doing anything about it. It was that he added jwsurvey on the book.

So, ok, he doesn't say sorry for everything he should. That goes with his pride character. But I did hear him retract and say sorry when he got his facts wrong.

I don't want to defend the guy like a JW defending the WT. But what I can say is that this guy did and still does a lot and the complaints against him are generally not serious enough to demand his head on a pike.

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

I forgot about that. He had illegal copies of Crisis of Conscience made up and sold the boot leg copies and said he was not doing it for money but to get the word out as I remember. He got into a fight or something like that with the other two English XJWs. If I understand it correctly the daughter of Ray Franz has authorized additional copies to be published by her as she inherited the rights to the work. Correct this if I am wrong.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

What he did and is doing is a great help for all doubting JWs and also ex JWs.

I don't understand why he is so much criticized on this forum.

This forum as well as Lloyd and also jwfacts helped me a great deal in leaving too. I am kind of sad, that lately it became mostly a pro Trump forum with right tendencies.

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

Dan1555 Are you Lloyd? There are a lot of people who post videos and experiences and help others get out. I don't see this site as a pro Trump as much as its not a place for those with Trump derangement syndrome. Too many people or idiots who are orange man bad.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Phoenixrising

You can see who i am when you click on my name.

I am most certainly not Lloyd. However i was also disfellowshipped because of apostasy, and i am proud of it.

I joined 7 years ago....

Good old days of this forum.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I stand corrected on my earlier comments on the Cedar's air fryer I purchased on the Home Shopping Network.

When I looked at it again, it actually had Emeril on the side.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Once you get an audience, you feel the pressure of having a steady stream of content, and the reality is that there is only so much you can saw about the Watchtower.
  • Listener
    Listener

Someone mentioned on this thread that Cedars is against aggressive activism. That's 'aggressive activism' as he terms it. He's even written an article speaking out against it and was prepared to do so even though he would receive a lot of flak from it. Was his stance simply to stand out and draw more attention to himself?

He was making some sort of 'big deal' video last year, even travelling to Australia and America to film parts for it. I don't know what's happened to it but it wouldn't surprise me if he was still trying to figure out ways of making money from it, maybe even trying to flog it off to a big network, but sorry, I'm getting sidetracked.

Whilst in America he went to Watchtower headquarters in Warwick. He has a clip where he is filming for this super do per movie. He is on a little boat in front of the HQs filming himself holding up a protest sign and expects he is being watched. He excuses himself for this 'aggressive activism' with some nonsense but it's clear that he was staging this for his special movie.

Is this guy sincere? I don't think so.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I am glad he got a little $$$, I was getting tired of looking at that old stone basement wall with a few roots poking out. :) I do wish he would cut down on the number of posts and length. The good stuff and funny stuff gets buried.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit