Types Of Witnesses

by garybuss 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Violia
    Violia

Garybuss is a very respected poster and still posts over at Freeminds. He posts the Okie stories, maybe some should check it out.

Do you think he described the witness types ? I thought it was excellent.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I started as a 9, then a 12, now a 4

• MissFit
    MissFit

I thought this was a great discussion.   Was there other threads that picked this topic up after Gary stopped posting?

I read Mary's thread about social status which brought me here.

• WheninDoubt
    WheninDoubt

Wasn’t Raymond Franz riddled with anger for being overlooked as the next president of the watchtower which was transferred to his brother Fred Franz by Knorr?

The book you referenced is passionate about that betrayal. I cannot see him being better than the Pope.

By the way, I think Gary missed one. The most important one “AN HONEST WITNESS” I believe the teaching of Christ reflect that, but just like any thinker and shaker, the only opinion that counts is your own. That’s why God gave use all free will.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Good analysis.  Very much in category 4.
  • Apognophos
    Apognophos

This is a really good list.  Whenindoubt, what on Earth are you talking about?  The fact that you think Ray and Fred were brothers is indicative of the fact that you need to read more, especially CoC.

I was a 1; although a born-in, the rest describes me to a T.  But I was a rebel without a cause because I was never given anything to object to, or at least any opportunities to rebel against anything.  I lived in a very straight-laced congregation where things were done right, and I was given no cause for stumbling or a reason to fall on my sword over some injustice done to someone.  Eventually, with an absence of any TTATT information coming my way, but a feeling that the religion was largely a rat race, I became a 3, disconnected and apathetic.  I was there for at least 10 years before learning TTATT.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

i guess Im a blend of 1, 4 ,9 and 10

in the order of 9, 1, 4 and 10 

nearly born in,[age4]

hostage, but knowing of the hypocrisy and silliness of it all

9,10,   wife of  new convert, and knowing my quiet humble non existent place  but being trapped for financial reasons and fear of  shunning

oh wait, im still dwelling in item 4 and 10.  will be working on that.

• WheninDoubt
    WheninDoubt

comment for Apognophos

I believe the indicative word would be Brother, referencing to spiritual. I don’t place value on personal relationships as uncle and nephew when the value was greater as a spiritual brother.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I honestly don't fit into any of these pigeon holes. No surprises there :) As a born-in I thought it made sense that there is a plan and someone is in charge. Without any knowledge of evolution except WTS half-truths why wouldn't I? When I was in my late twenties I decided I needed to read more. So I picked things that interested me, history, philosophy, Greek mythology. That was the beginning of the end for me,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

• bsmart
    bsmart
    Time for a bump to the top. Great thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit