JW Convention 2017

by Disassociated Lady 2 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82

I was kind of hoping for another batshit Jonestown episode.

Oh I'm pretty sure last year's installment was just the first act.

Expect the wack-a-doodle videos to get even more, um, wack-a-doodle this year.

• steve2
    steve2

"A Tale of Two Demonstrations"

Unfortunately the excerpt from the JW talk was so super-imposed with commentary that it was hard to tell what was part of the original demonstration and what was added.

Is there some way this can be presented so that it is crystal clear what was actually in the demonstrations and what was added? I guess some will think it should be obvious - but this is where misunderstandings arise because we end up wrongly attributing something to JW organization that was never said.

• steve2
    steve2

Long gone are the days when convention public talks were addressed to the public; these talks urgently argued the end was perilously near due to "conditions" in the world. You were left in no doubt about the need to become an active JW.

Now we have a convention - after last year's on "Loyalty" - that will be of nil conceivable interest to the public. It is designed to stop the worrisome hemorrhaging of active JWs.

But why depict a collage of a youngish man running? If you're giving up, shouldn't it have a collage of a child born into the organization, growing up becoming an adult and, several decades later, old and infirm, still waiting for the end? Wouldn't THAT be more relevant to the intended audience of tired, worn-out brothers and sisters?

The focus of the tract - and its imagery - is spectacularly odd; it shows how very out of touch the organization has become.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The Org is hemorrhaging uncontrollably for the past decade. Even internally, there are so many of us, the Awakened Class, that are up to their 'rectum derived' dogma and no longer play along their expectations.

They've noticed this and are trying it all in order to realign the ship. No success thus far.

This coming RC screams of total desperation.

DY

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I think i get it, those men on the convention flyer are running AWAY from Watchtower right?

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2

The Convention demonstrations came from the JW survey website. Here is the link if you want to read the whole page :-) x http://jwsurvey.org/mind-control/upcoming-2017-jw-assembly-encourages-witness-youths-to-lie-about-homosexuality

• mrmagic
    mrmagic

At first glance I thought it was an ad flyer for some kind of marathon, or fitness program for a gym of sorts. Then you see its the Jehovah's and it's telling you not to give up. Makes no sense whatsoever, but smells of desperation in a subtle and undeniable way. lol

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

"Never Never Give Up" -Winston Churchill

• stockholm_Syndrome
    stockholm_Syndrome

That is tooo funny. One can hope that in the not so distant future a convention will feature the theme "Can you turn the lights out when you leave"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The shortened version of the Grand Boasting Session:

"Don't give up on feeding joke-hova your psychic energy. That thing is about to enslave mankind, and is on the cusp of World War III. And it is trying to microchip and bar-code each and every human on earth, to impose global communism. Now, more than ever, that thing needs your energy to accomplish this task. If we give up now, Satan might win this war and succeed in thwarting joke-hova's plan to enslave the whole human race. If that happens, we will all be able to become enlightened to immortality, and live as Gods and Goddesses. We must not give up now."

I hope the whole program is a total flop. For the jokehovian witlesses, and for Christi-SCAM-ity and Islam in general.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit