People hate God?

by looter 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

And if you actually said to everyone that you hated God, you'd face prison, fines, and maybe even death.

Lmao. What cave are you typing this nonsense from, Iran?

I love this thread as I needed a good laugh today.

• Twitch
    Twitch

OP

Eh, whatever

• LaurenM
    LaurenM

Yes, we should all LOVE God!!!

A God who condones mass murder...of even children (unless, of course, she's a pretty little virgin):

Deuteronomy 2:33-34 King James Version (KJV)

33 And the Lord our God delivered him before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people.

34 And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:

Numbers 31:17-18New International Version (NIV)

17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man,18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Of course, anyone who doesn't believe in said god (namely, 4.9 BILLION people) deserves to DIE

Matt 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

10:15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I love the idea of loving a God who kills SO many people!

gen·o·cide

noun

the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular ethnic group or nation. (or religion)

synonyms:

mass murder, mass homicide, massacre; More

Also, family does not matter to God

"Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death." Matt 10:21

And I love that God gives us the free will to think what we want (even though he will kill us if we think in a way he doesn't want us to think).

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

But it’s so hard loving God, it’s even hard for Christians themselves not to be killed by him: Homosexuals (those "without natural affection") and their supporters (those "that have pleasure in them") are "worthy of death" - - along with gossips, boasters, and disobedient children. Romans 1:31-32

Like you, I really don't understand why anyone WOULDN'T love God! There are so many reasons I didn't even put on here!

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

If you believe in the Lord members on this forum should be respectful of your position.

The same applies for non-believers, we should be respectful of their position.

You may not get too many favorable responses to your OP due to your harsh words on those that disagree with your stance/beliefs.

Just a friendly opinion that's all.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Atheists don't hate god. They can't; they don't believe in him.

Maybe what they DO hate is the representation of god that Christians have come up with.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

God hates people and has shown it over and over again many times.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Funny, i was thinking of this today:

Thor. I will from now on beleive in and worship Thor.

He is the "mightiest" of all gods and sits in the Temple at Uppsala in the center of a triple throne (flanked by Woden and "Fricco") in Gamla Uppsala, Sweden. Thor rules the sky. He governs thunder and lightning, winds and storms, fine weather and fertility carries a hammer. The priests of Thor should offer up sacrifices especially when sickness or bad fortune occurs. Anyone who disagrees is obviously in false religion and is to be immediately lynched and burned/drowned/buried alive like what us Thor worshipers did to the English preacher, Wulfred in the 9th century.

Sound crazy? No more crazy than this "LORD" you're praying to. And mine must be true because i have a book that says everything in this book is true. So there. What more proof do you need?

Thank Thor!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

How sad that you feel it takes courage to believe in God. It is exactly the opposite. It takes courage to go where the facts take you, to question what you have been taught as a child, to look at the facts, not go with your emotions.

I believed as you did for many years of my life. I count it as a personal triumph that I learned and grew as a person and progressed to the point that I can now see the reality. I do not hate God. You cannot hate something that simply does not exist.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I heard through the mythical grapevine that Thor gave Jehovah a couple of good ass kicking in the past but he remains the same self deluded asshole and still believes that he's the greatest God there is.

Hey if Jehovah got his ass kicked by Thor say somewhere near the center of our Milky Way galaxy orbiting the black hole that drags the rest of the stars, he be traveling outside this galaxy and I think in a couple of million light year finally land into some other galaxy's black hole's orbit.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Troll? Perhaps. My guess is that you are simply a believer. That's OK. No need to berate non-believers. Something has existed forever - that we can all agree on. Whether or not this energy or force is with or without "personality" is entirely a matter of faith. Neither can be proved. It could be that which we refer to as "God" is simply a non-interventionalist. We could also be part of some very advanced computer simulation. Its also quite possible that there simply is no God - its actually a very plausible explanation. Scary but very reasonable, and more in line with direct observation and known facts than theism imo. Personally, I'm a faith practicing Deist with Buddhist leanings and a strong foundation in Christianity. What the hell does that mean? Makes about as much sense as existence. Perhaps a better question is "why is there something rather than nothing"? Do you love God? That is great. Do you love Jesus? That is awesome. Now just love others, leave the judging to them and do something to make the world a better place. Pretty sure that's what they would want. Peace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit