Something interesting!

by John Aquila 137 Replies latest jw experiences

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    well, there you have it, JW leaks, let them battle it out.
  • millie210
    millie210
    jwleaks
    There is also a group in Australia, same age (generation), partakers of the emblems, that feel the same way and operate similarly.
    Earlier this year they sent a representative to Brooklyn to resolve certain doctrinal issues with the governing body.

Very interesting. What was the end result of that meeting?

• Magnum
    Magnum
    I second what Millie210 said; that's interesting.
  • JustVisting
    JustVisting
    The "Anointed Australian" types would not get past the receptionist at the gates of NY Bethel. I think we all recognize this.
  • fukitol
    fukitol
    I'm also calling BS on this. There is simply no way such a large group of critically minded active JW's could get together like this without some kind of witch hunt and lots of judicial committees resulting. Either John Aquila, a compulsive forum attention seeker, is grossly exaggerating the numbers or not being up front about something.
  • janusfulcrum
    janusfulcrum

I'm confused. First you say these ones are all from English congregations, later that they cross the border freely. So are they Hispanic but in english? Highly unlikely on several points.

• Older Hispanic don't go to English
    • Hispanics in general are highly loyal to the org and rule oriented rather than principle driven. They don't argue doctrine in my experience.
  • My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    Any more info on all of this?
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Earlier this year they sent a representative to Brooklyn to resolve certain doctrinal issues with the governing body.

I don't see anything particularly unusual in this. I don't see why a group of long term JW/elders/anointed should not visit bethel and whilst they were there "resolve",in other words clear up, issues they were not absolutely clear on.

I certainly don't think disliking the shiny new tech savy org makes the older ones "apostates"either, in fact it's par for the course & what the org would be expecting in many ways.

Nothing unusual here imho.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

There is also a group in Australia, same age (generation), partakers of the emblems, that feel the same way and operate similarly. Earlier this year they sent a representative to Brooklyn to resolve certain doctrinal issues with the governing body.

I'd love to hear about how their rep was received in Brooklyn.

Doc

• cappytan
    cappytan

JanusFulcrum: you shouldn't make comments on things you don't know about. It makes you appear to buy into bigoted stereotypes.

90+% of the English congregation members on the border are of Hispanic ethnicity.

Source: lived on the Tex-Mex border and belonged to the English congregation in that border town (Laredo) for 22 years and still have family in English congregations on the border.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit