Something interesting!

by John Aquila 137 Replies latest jw experiences

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    a watcher, are you being sarcastic?
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What I find hard to believe about this story is not that many Witnesses disbelieve a lot of what the Watchtower teaches, or that a lot of them are older Witnesses, or that many don't need the Internet to come to these conclusions.

But the idea that over a hundred Witnesses came to the same conclusions about the end times, the ministry, the GB and so on, without the Internet, and without being blown apart by a whistleblower, is a bit incredible. It's often commented that organising former Witnesses is like trying to herd cats. There's a reason for that. When JWs lose faith in the Watchtower they do so in thousand different ways. Some accept the Trinity, some don't. Some accept blood, some don't. Some believe in the end times, some don't. Some still believe the Bible, some don't. Some believe in God, some don't. And so on and so on. The idea that hundreds of Witnesses are organising themselves spontaneously into a community of like-minded doubt is, to me, just not credible.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

There's a reason for that. When JWs lose faith in the Watchtower they do so in thousand different ways. Some accept the Trinity, some don't. Some accept blood, some don't. Some believe in the end times, some don't. Some still believe the Bible, some don't. Some believe in God, some don't. And so on and so on. The idea that hundreds of Witnesses are organizing themselves spontaneously into a community of like-minded doubt is, to me, just not credible.

I agree with you Slim I left at an early age because what they were teaching was not provable reality. I and I suppose a lot on this forum left not out of a conspiratorial overthrow of WBTS but just they couldn't in good conscience preach such bullshit anymore.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Back in the olden days-early 1980s, when I left, there were a lot of ex JW groups. Yahoo meets had nothing on yellow pages, little nickel want ads and newspaper blurbs about JWs. I'm not surprised that a more mature generation has recognized and joined together. I would suggest that there might well be a little more dissent than acknowledged, but these folks are meeting with carefully gathered, like-minded friends. They don't want to undermine their whole life, but they can't buy into all the nonsense. Good for them. I'm almost 50. In 10 years, I hope I see a very different org. Those 80 year olds have to see whatsoever is going on now, knowing they will not see a significant downfall of corrupt leadership. :(

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    John Aquila, is it possible that those younger than 65 are not being invited on purpose? Maybe they think that only those who have seen a lot during their lives can be trusted.
    PS: Sorry if this was already answered.

• Stealth
    Stealth
    Was there a secret handshake or password needed to get in?
  • a watcher
    a watcher
    VI, I'm serious. Jesus gathered people for his Father. All true Christians should be doing the same.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Slim you have a valid point, it's hard to believe. But it's also hard to believe what's going at bethel too. I'm with the poster that said what's going on at bethel is that they realise they have hit their peak and their not going to commit to any more waste of money. I think now is the time where they plan on just sucking out the last bits of flesh from the victim.
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Very entertaining but I have to call BS on this. I hope that I am wrong though.
  • hybridous
    hybridous
    I can understand the skepticism. I have some myself.

But isn't it mostly because, although we can acknowledge the probable eventuality of something like this, we've just not yet experienced it?

I mean, it's one thing to know that one day, big stuff will go down. It's another thing to know that we're actually sailing those waters.

I am cautiously optimistic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit