Something interesting!

by John Aquila 137 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Village Idiot

I’m not sure why there were no younger ones. I grew up with this group of people in the organization. I’m headed toward my 70s and I went with this group of people to all the conventions since the late 60s early 70s. We all were anticipating 1975 together. We all worked on quick built Kingdom Halls. Most of us served as elders together. And back then we were all close and knew each other well since we traveled back and forth giving talks at each other’s kingdom halls.

Looking at it from my perspective, I rarely hanged out with any JWs younger than me. Mostly I hung out with those my age or older since I was one of the few young elders who was accepted by these older ones. I think it’s just like an age gap thing. They are just hanging around with their friends whom they grew up together.

Plus I don’t think there are many younger elders in their 50s who are interested in stuff like this. Most of them are still in and wouldn’t even dream of doing something like this. (Apostasy)

These guy are all retired, they hang around all day going to Wal-Mart, watching movies, reading the Bible, and reminiscing about Old times.

As far as them being a large group of jws getting together, I really don’t think it was a large group. Our old get-togethers were larger than that. We used to have get-togethers that were between 100-200 people until the WT put a stop to large gatherings. Those were the fun days for me. Then again I live in a majority Hispanic population and the English brothers and sisters embraced those type of gatherings.

I live in a city of about 700,000 population, and the city sits on the border of Juarez Mexico which has a population of about 1.5 million and there is a going back and forth for many of these people. I mentioned on my post that there were about---100-150--??? People at the get together. I mean, I didn’t go around and counted each one but I would say it was pretty close.

It’s actually not a great crowd that no man is able to number.

Plus remember, technically these guys/gals are still JWs. They are not DA/DF --They are just kind of something, and I really don't know what to call them. They still view themselves as Jehovah's Witnesses and they still embrace the main WT teachings, (Paradise Earth, etc.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I would like to express my "WOW" on so many levels. First, the content of your post took my breath away. So, Wow. The second, related to the comments from others. Rarely does a single post with 11 pages of comments within 12 hours. Again Wow!

I think back to my mother who knew her stuff related to JW theology. If she were alive today, she would be embarrassed by the direction the society is taking in their role as guardian of the doctrine. I guess there are others of the same mindset.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

They are Watchtower believers without the Watchtower. Patriots without a nation.

I don't think some of them, at least the youngest ones, can last in the organization for too long if they were to have their crisis of conscience. And as far as forming their own religion that is even more unlikely since "The Organization" is an intrinsic part of the JW psyche and they're nothing without an organization. It's very unlikely that they'll form a counter organization.

I could picture them, though, joining another church closer to their beliefs though there aren't many.

• never a jw
    never a jw
    Unbelievable! The things that I get to see in my short time as a friend of the apostates.
  • truthlover
    truthlover
    I look at this as us now being" aliens in a foreign land" mostly because we have entered into a strange place, we know some of the landmarks, but things have changed, its like a dark place where the light is coming brighter as we wake up and there are shadows everywhere where we used to be secure....we feel scared, unaware of what is going to happen to us as we leave the "security" we felt for years -- maybe over to the side, not really wanting to let go for fear we may be disapproved by God, by Jesus, by those who love us (maybe), we may think we have been mislead all our lives with Russell being associated with Millerites, with Masonry, wrong dates, wrong predictions, wrong interpretations of words, i.e. generation, other sheep, anointed, - Remember when Jehovah gave responsibility to one as a prophet - nothing was amiss.. It was all true - no changes EVER-- yet we chose to follow people who -on the face of it all- portended to be special, truthful, concerned, loving, until we found out differently,and never get it right!! Now Morris wants a kid to be baptized before he gets a drivers license!! -- blackmail!! Something we were told never to use with the kids. I guess you can tell I am no longer impressed ..they are only men, and if WT was to close tomorrow, I would feel relief... maybe somewhat lost, but relief cause I have been praying for Jehovah to start the cleansing work out of the "temple". At that point, I could only wait for whatever is coming for as we all know, death will come and if that is all, then let freedom reign til it happens (within reasons, that is, don't want to sound too nuts)
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

This isn't interesting. It's a bombshell!!

For friends to meet all together under one roof and believe that WTS is bullcrap is mind bending.

I've always repeated this to my spouse. How there are thousands of witnesses who still attend for different reasons but no longer subscribe to the crap the WTS peddles.

She never believed it would come to this.

Thanks John. Please keep us updated.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub
    sir8212 hours ago

So, apparently, there are hundreds of old JWs spread across the southwest who regularly meet together, openly criticize the WTS, and not once has anyone had an attack of conscience & blown the whistle to another JW loyalist?

I gotta say that I'm with sir82. This sounds like a crock! Sorry.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Somebody should send a letter to the WT corporation warning them of clandestine meetings and the the issues they have with the Organization. This will make them prone to witch hunts and many more leaving this crappy organization of deceit.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I'm surprised there haven't been witch hunts by now. It'll be 1980 all over again.
  • SimonSays
    SimonSays

John. I believe they might have told you, there part of the OLD GUARD the JW’s REFORMERS. There’s nothing NEW there. Thousands of former and active JW's have the same belief throughout the world, but are subtle with their conviction, even in E.P. TX. You are correct, their views are not apostate, just blasphemers.

http://www.jwreform.org/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit