Something interesting!

by John Aquila 137 Replies latest jw experiences

• TD
    TD

Interesting.

Although I'm a little skeptical about group meetups, I do know a JW gentleman who feels pretty much the same way.

--And he is not a nobody either....Not by a long shot.

I've pointed out a gazillion times on this forum that the current interpretations are at odds with the methods the basic foundation of the faith itself is built on and that's not something I noticed on my own....

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    BTW what about the 30s-40s jws. They are not facebook generation but at the same time they are not the 60s and up who gave up their life. They are like in limbo? What do you think about them?

I'm in that age range of JWs. Some of us adopted facebook and some of us didn't. Some of us are online all the time and some of us aren't. I do think we are in limbo. We were not part of the scholarly generation that studied the bible thoroughly. We were raised as the org was transitioning to "Truth Lite". We bought into the idea that JH was leading this org and that we could rely on what we were being taught as truth. We were also distracted by the numerous foreign language groups and congregations and the repeated requests to move to where the need was greater. Thus we didn't have time for researching the doctrinal changes and the orgs history.

I'm hoping that as some start to or continue to experience hardships and see how the GB and helpers live in contrast to their own lives that more of us will wake up.

• Heaven
    Heaven
    The only result from oppression is revolution and change. This group had a huge schism occur back in the 1920s, guess it's time for another one.
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

It's amazing there aren't more given the scale and frequency of their doctrinal changes but the fact that there aren't demonstrates that the majority don't really have strongly held beliefs about much other than that the society is always right.

That's well said Simon. Here's another version of the same idea:

"Anyone truly familiar with the JW cult understands that their fundamental doctrine is that the word of the Governing Body supercedes the Bible."--Alan Feuerbacher

___

• carla
    carla
    Great news! Hope the trend continues with all age groups.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Heaven: The only result from oppression is revolution and change. This group had a huge schism occur back in the 1920s, guess it's time for another one.

Yeah...but the sad thing is what emerged from that schism. Or maybe I should say the horrifying thing. Don't forget that from that early schism arose the Jehovah's Witnesses.

And from this new 'huge' schism, will arise the new and improved "JW..org".

Yay! A new cyber religion. From which even more offshoots and splinters can kaleidoscope off into the future.

And in the meantime...the leopard will have changed its spots...where oh where will the Watchtower hide next? What form will the Watchtower Society take on? Where is it hiding now?

• ThinkerBelle
    ThinkerBelle
    I'm in the 30-40 range, but I can't say that I ever really questioned anything until now and might have just been content keeping on keeping on if I hadn't dug in simply out of tradition (I never really took any of it to heart like some of the youth) - they never really encouraged us to. The majority of the people around my age that I grew up with are no longer JWs. I think there is definitely a big gap between the older generation and how they worshiped to the present day, but my parents fall into the age range that Aquila's group above was and they, especially my mom, seem to embrace all the changes and don't really think about the past - sometimes I wonder how much they really know about the past or just think it's progressive. I asked about what it was like in 1975, thinking of how many were affected by this, but my mother just said, "oh well, the society never put anything in print, it was the local brothers reading into it"........so I guess the WBTS knows what they are doing when they publish crap like that because the JWs will just eat it up and take it for face value. No wonder they don't encourage study or looking into the older pubs.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    tim3l0rd Thanks for that info. So I guess the 30-40s are like split in half. Those that embrace the internet are waking up and those that don't are going into a deeper sleep.

The difference with these older ones that I met with is they don't embrace the internet. They don't follow the WT because of broken promises and the drastic changes. That's why they don't view themselves as apostates. And they still believe in the paradise earth and the Bible. They have not exposed themselves to criticisms of the Bible.
    It's interesting how this input from everyone is helping us group those still in the Borg. It gives us something to work with to help some of them wake up.
    ThinkerBelle 5 minutes ago
    I'm in the 30-40 range, but I can't say that I ever really questioned anything until now
    Interesting, so this age seems to be the cut-off point of putting up with all the foolishness of the WT doctrine. From 30 down, very few are staying. To much information on the internet.
  • clarity
    clarity

Once the old remnants of the WT organization are GONE, then that will be the day when the WT will close its doors and open a NEW Religious organization

*I have felt for a long time that wt can't wait for us oldies to kick off! As long as we are here ..there is still a dangerous voice that knows where 'the bodies are buried'.

One problem is the pre shunning thing....... it scares us enough that we don't admit openly what we really think. On top of everything else our grandchildren are held over our heads. Big price to pay.

I am pretty open & am shunned for it ....no one has approached me except younger jdubs.

Would love to find a group who were in that day of blitzes & preparation before 1975, who sat in the hot bleachers for a whole week convention, who worked at d2d and only counted those exact minutes.

clarity

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    This must chap the GB's collective ass.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit