Unpopular Opinion on Convention Protests

by Jehalapeno 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• just fine
    just fine

The whole attendant line just reminded me of how controlling the whole stupid cult is. Talk to who we say you can talk to, look where we tell you to look. And the self righteousness - to try and hide or silence anyone who is different.

It looked rather silly too😀

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have mixed feelings about protesting JW's at conventions or at the Memorial as someone named Rick F. does.

For the most part, protesting is done to benefit the protesters. It gives them a sense of fighting back. It can have little effect on JW's, and in-my-opinion even feed their persecution complex.

But most JW's that are not reached even the littlest bit or those that dig deeper into the womb of Mother Watchtower to deny anything protesters have to say- these people would not be reached anyway. In other words, maybe it doesn't work on the majority of JW's, but nothing really will work on those people.

There are whole other groups of people in that crowd- children of JW's and visitors and weak JW's. I doubt that dressing up as Satan or trying to tell them that the Bible is full of lies would even reach too many of the doubters, visitors, and young ones. I think that a very strong attack on the Bible or a very strong message that Watchtower is not properly Christian won't really reach them. But telling them via signs or whatever that Watchtower is hiding the truth about child abuse can get their curiosity. Telling them that shunning is wrong can get their emotions. Maybe telling them that Watchtower has a plethora of failed prophecies will work on a few of them.

But I just cannot imagine using all kinds of time similar to the time that JW's use to promote their ideas in order to hopefully reach a few people. I think that the internet and books are already available to those ready to find what's wrong with Watchtower. I think they will find "us." I would have a different view of protesting just 2 decades ago, but today- Go find a hobby. Enjoy your life.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    I would have a different view of protesting just 2 decades ago, but today- Go find a hobby. Enjoy your life.

This was exactly what I was trying to say, but I didn’t articulate it well. Thank you.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

I think Google and YouTube are doing the work. This site for instance raises all sorts of topics about watchtower. I wouldn't protest myself, but up to the individual. I think peaceful protests with placards pointing people to jwfacts.com is no harm. People have phones and may sow the seed of curiosity bringing such to sites like this. Different folks different strokes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit