Is Stephen Lett an alien imitation?

by LoveUniHateExams 36 Replies latest social humour

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

He speaks like that because one of his family members growing up had a hearing and speech problem. So he exaggerates his speech in because that is how he grew up so that, the family member could understand him - not buying this.

Lett speaks 'like that' at every public talk he gives - his family member with hearing and speech problems isn't always in attendance, needing exaggerated speech to understand.

I read somewhere (on this site I think) many moons ago that he has a stuttering problem, and one of the suggested therapies for overcoming it is to exaggerate one's facial gestures while speaking - this is much more believable.

Are there any former bethelites on this forum who could confirm Lett has a stuttering problem?

• sparky1
    sparky1

"It reminds me of John Carpenter's The Thing."- LoveUniHateExams

By God, I think you're on to something!

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

I never said that, his family member was in the audience for every talk. But most people when they learn a habit as a young person especially when speaking or was doing something for a long time, it will stick with them. That is how accents are formed because you learn to speak with that so it is hard to get rid of it.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

It was a propalactic entanglement with fallopian tubes while his parents were in the throes of copulatic madness.

The result: An elastic maxillary locomotion curiously juxtaposed prognathically , manifesting itself in hypnotically captivating facial contortions , calculated to outshine even the most loquacious among primates !

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

pale.emperor - "Why would you put this man on the stand?"

Only two reasons I can think of.

Ashton Kutcher is calling the shots behind the scenes...

...or despite everything, Lett is still the best they've got.

:smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LoveUniHateExams - "It reminds me of John Carpenter's The Thing."

More like a freaky-ass mashup of Mr. Rogers and Pinhead.

EDIT: Somebody photoshop that.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Brother Lett's recent talk " Join the Jehovah's Witnesses and get a piece of tail "

raised a few eyebrows.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/hKfNe0t6ScU/maxresdefault.jpg

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

There's a very close relative of his on reddit and he says none of these theories about him( Tourette, stutter etc) are true - that he's a nice guy with a normal iQ who certainly didn't used to talk like that at home. All I can think of is it's his "public" style of talking.

Apparently the faithfull love him. He's the most popular which is why they give him the difficult ( money grabbing) talks.

Edit: definitely a forest Gump fan.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

M. Applewhite leader of the Heaven's gate cult. Mr. Applewhite was able to stare and talk for a long time without blinking his eyes. Lett and Applewhite personalities is uncanny, both strange men.I would love to face Lett and tell him, you are so full of sh---t, you are disgusting....

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

That last broadcast Lett looked truly demented, more so than ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit