My jaw dropping OMG moment at the end of the convention

by UnshackleTheChains 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jambon1
    jambon1

Through the eyes of a child I'm pretty sure it's at least frightening and it engenders the aspect of fear/death that witnesses like to promote. Not good.

I disagree with your assessment on witnesses homophobia. They'll never publicly accept the lifestyle in any way. Even if what you suggest happens, it still does little for those who will forever be assured that they cannot 'cone out' and be accepted by their family.

You can dress these things up all you like. The fact is that witnesses are scaremongering homophobes and I don't accept that the material mentioned above is not 'hard line'.

• freddo
    freddo

"SBF" - you said:

"On the other hand he was much more confident delivering what I think is the strongest JW argument for living in the "last days". That's the observation that WW2 is pretty much the worst war humanity can ever expect to fight without ending civilisation itself. So therefore the end must come before a future war escalates into nuclear holocaust and the end of humanity."

So why didn't "the end" come before the Cuban missile crisis of 1962? Or the 1970's and 80's when the the Cold War between the two heaviest armed blocks of nations pointed over 25,000 nuclear warheads EACH at the other?

(Nowadays those two blocks have "only" 7000 each.)

Hang on - don't tell me - it must be the false cry of "peace and security!"

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

OMG that is what you call a climax or anti climax.

Missing this years congres due to far away holiday 😎

G.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Are you sure that's the number for this year, 2017?
    If it is, then it's over 4,000 fewer than last year (2016) when more than 18,000 were said to have partaken of the emblems

Steve2

I stand corrected. The actual number was 18013. JW facts shows the rise in numbers over the years. Therefore the so called mistakers (faketakers) outnumber the so 'wt official' partakers.

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/memorial-partakers.php

Personally. I believe ALL Christians should be partaking as Jesus said 'Take ALL of you'.

In effect, each year, Christians who are part of this organisation are ritually REJECTING the Messiah due to an erroneous man made teaching!

. . So, contrary to what the GB are telling us, all 18013 in 2016 did the right thing. They are all correctly partaking as Christians should. The so called mistakers are in fact bravely rejecting a man made teaching. Those mistakers 'I believe' are standing up and being counted (pardon the pun)

• waton
    waton
    UTC you said: So, contrary to what the GB are telling us, all 18013 in 2016 did the right thing. They are all correctly partaking as Christians should. The so called mistakers are in fact bravely rejecting ...

NO, IMO, partaking at the "Memorial" venue is accepting the conditions wt imposes, that you are a candidate for kingship. priesthood. It would be better to celebrate privately, if you believe you have to consume be saved.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Unshackle said:

So, contrary to what the GB are telling us, all 18013 in 2016 did the right thing. They are all correctly partaking as Christians should. The so called mistakers are in fact bravely rejecting a man made teaching.

The "right thing" Unshackle?

If the JWs are puzzled by their memorial with symbolic consumption of the flesh and blood of their sacrificed saviour; it is because it is drawn from a long standing pagan ritual.

Christianity is one almighty confidence trick in the first place. It has always been the role of the priests and cult leaders to claim that their dogma is the only "True" interpretation. Don't be conned!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

What happens when they get to the 7th group? The 77th group? The 101st (airborne) group?

Why cant they see this is total bullshit?

• waton
    waton
    Why cant they see this is total bullshit?

jws are groupies. the more groups the better.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Sorry if it's off topic but here's what some feel about the 'non hard line' convention this year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/6qks7u/just_saw_the_wife_of_lot_transformation_scene_in/?st=J5S3EARJ&sh=eb9a887b

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

As noted earlier, So they're saying "the overlapping generation of the first generation will not pass away until all these things occur" try explaining that out in the ministry!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit