IS THIS A BELIEVABLE COINCIDENCE?

by jst2laws 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

gambit

That brings up the question... Is there a good place to post "Looking for..." ? I would like to try to find a couple of old friends myself, but last I heard, years ago we where 1000's of miles apart.

You might try it here under "personal experiences and reunions". Randy at Freeminds has a registry too. Otherwise I dont know.

Shamus,

Yes, we exchanged phone numbers and plan to get together soon.

Jst2laws

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

jst2 that is an incredible story I enjoyed reading it! Joy may have told you about the couple I met on Orcas who I found out worked for the same lady I did in Aspen, Co. Small world!

I also reconnected with a Jr.High School kid via classmates.com. We've kept in touch through email and he recently sent me a tracing of my brother's name from the Viet Nam Wall in D.C. Mailed it all the way to me after I moved to Oregon, I was so touched. He also emailed me a picture of him tracing the wall, my time has done him good. He and I were such good friends all though jr high and high school even though we never went to the same schools.

I love stories like this!

Kate

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Hi Steve

Is Tommy still a JW?

Great story though...... strange but true...dum dum dum dum...

Mrs Nightwarrior

• smack
    smack

In Australia we have www.schoolfriends.com.au that you can put your details in for all schools tafe or unis that you have attended. It now allows you to list by workplace. Maybe there is an American equivalent that does the same.

Steve

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

jst2laws: (There you go with the again)

shame on you...here it is a 6am on a Saturday morning and I'm trying to be all quiet and you go and make me laugh out loud.

Great story though..I just love when coindences like that happen to me.

Lisa

• cat1759
    cat1759

This story and the others were amazing! After all those years you connected.

I have not seen anyone from my past at all. I didn't keep any friends from the borg.

I just went away silently.

What a great thing friendship is.

Cathy

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

It's very believable. Have you read Sheila M's Serendipity?

Guest 77

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

TresHappy,

Another unique experience. You said:"I am fully convinced she is meant to be in my life." From what I have been reading in quantum physics I am not go to argue with you on that.

Ravyn

I'm hope it wasn't me who made you cry.

Lisavegas420

shame on you...here it is a 6am on a Saturday morning and I'm trying to be all quiet and you go and make me laugh out loud.

Nightwarrior

Is Tommy still a JW?

smack

Yes, we have classmates.com and another Classreunion site. They both want so money to contact those who have registered.

I didn't really try to find Tommy, he just happened. The connection was really the WT and not high school. I think he just refered to our high school because his Jehovah Witness life is so far behind him he chose not to reference the friendship by it, with someone he thought was a stranger.

Bikerchic,

You answered smack's question.

J6OCR9

I'll check it out

Jst2laws

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

WOW! Amazing how two people can go separate ways and then end up together again!

and to our surprise how long it took it to stop.

LOL! Now that's funny!

Here's a little lesson in Physics: Your kinitic energy increases at the rate of the square of your velocity:

Force = ½ (Mass x Velocity 2 )

Simply put... if you want to increase the Kinetic Energy of something as efficiently as possible and you had to choose between increasing the mass or the velocity, you would want to increase the velocity.

Force = ½ (Mass x Velocity 2 )

The blue line (ForceV) shows how much the force is increased as velocity is increased. The red line (ForceM) shows how much the force is increased as mass in increased.

Basically, you did the BLUE line thing... which is why it took so long far your car to stop.

Ok... enough of that.... that's just my physics side showing through.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

There are no coincidences in life (or so I've heard). Interesting story.... thanks.

Simply put... if you want to increase the Kinetic Energy of something as efficiently as possible and you had to choose between increasing the mass or the velocity, you would want to increase the velocity.

Unless the object is a speeding, out-of-control locomotive.....then it all becomes irrelevant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit