Another marriage bites the dust ...

by EdenOne 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Sorry to hear about your situation EdenOne.

I wish you the best in whatever you decide.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Sorry to hear that. I remember others going through similar after both partners left the org.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    My most educated guess is that she has concluded that, not only her former religion, but also her marriage, have been at the root of her dissatisfaction with life. We both married too young and too inexperienced (at 21), and I think that at some point, she woke up to the fact that being married and with a family wasn't something she wanted.

I think it often is the case with people who marry too young. It's almost as though we reach a point in our relationship that had we married older would not have happened until well into old age.

I understand in your wife's case she has had to deal with severe illness all her young life. Perhaps she feels its unfair to burden another with it and that the stress of a relationship is too much for her?I can't imagine what you both must have gone through and that bond will last a life time but as you say perhaps it's good for you both to move on.

I really wish you both find happiness however or with whomever that will be.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Speechless. So sorry for you both.

Sending love and support....

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

So sorry edenOne - you both must have a lot to deal with. Glad that you can look on the bright side and move forward by helping one another to adjust.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I'm so sorry for you both. The process of awakening and then trying to find yourself once you're out of the cult, trying to process it all, then trying to find each other in the middle of it all is very tough. We've had some rough times of our own even recently as we're trying to figure out a life that starts anew near 40 with so much baggage from the past. Everyone has to do what's best for them individually. We've given each other the freedom to figure out what that means and if we have to part at some point then we will as friends. So far that's not what either of us wants, but you never know, and we aren't locked into a cult of many or a cult of each other anymore, so we have to find our relationship in freedom now, and that means that sometimes choices could be made that hurt. I'm so sorry you got hurt in this. You alluded to this fact though, and that is that there's a yin and yang to everything. Maybe this turns out to be a good thing for you both. You might as well work toward that instead of hanging your head and expecting life to be horrible, even though it hurts. Life's too short to hope for anything less.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Thanks for your thoughts and comments. This is yet another cautionary tale. Before you leave the WT, also prepare for the impact that it could have on your marriage. Once the “glue”provided by the religion evaporates, some people discover to their surprise that there’s not much else binding them to their spouse.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    Just another colateral damage in a long list of colateral damages from being raised in the "truth".

Sorry to hear. Let the healing begin.

• Listener
    Listener

Sorry to hear that EdenOne and all strength to you as you move on. I hope your son is doing okay.

• hoser
    hoser

A lot of relationships break up at your age. When the children are on their own people question if it could be better on their own or with a different person. I know I did and mrs hoser probably did too, although she never said so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit