Another marriage bites the dust ...

by EdenOne 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

... and this time it was mine.

Mrs. Eden decided to part ways and leave home, and so our 25 year long partnership is now dissolving.

Just another colateral damage in a long list of colateral damages from being raised in the "truth".

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

She cannot be serious. I don't know what to say Eden.You must be devastated. I understood your wife was awake? I'm so very very sorry Eden😞😞

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I'm so sorry to hear this news, any chance of reconciliation?

• millie210
    millie210

So sorry Eden.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

So very sorry Edenone

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Sorry EdenOne did the religion have something to do with it, she wanting to stay in it ?

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

That is going to be tough after so many years. Being in the "Truth" will destroy life's, marriages, income, children, and happiness. It is a real shit sandwich.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

We are both disassociated. Both out. She hates the whole JW past. We're both active in the same 'apostate' circles and community here in Portugal.

We're still friends and I'm actually helping her in getting a second job to better support herself financially etc.

I'm still trying to understand her motives. All she says is that she feels unhappy and wants to live alone. This has been a recurring theme in our marriage for the past 15 years, in fact, since she has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I have always ascribed that impulse to her illness, and in fact it used to be coincident with periods of depression, but now that's not the case. She feels "normal" and "stable".

My most educated guess is that she has concluded that, not only her former religion, but also her marriage, have been at the root of her dissatisfaction with life. We both married too young and too inexperienced (at 21), and I think that at some point, she woke up to the fact that being married and with a family wasn't something she wanted. And now that our son is 20, and was also diagnosed bipolar, I guess it was too much for her and she just decided she didn't wanted to deal with it anymore, so she moved out. It's been a month already and she has only renewed her resolve to stay away and we're talking divorce. We both removed our wedding bands.

I'm not sure at this point I would take her back, even if she wanted to come back home. Something has broken inside, and despite the challenges of being a single parent with a son and a household on my care, I'm also enjoying being single and free to see whomever I want. I guess with every crisis comes opportunity. But it's sad, nevertheless. If this was to be the outcome, it could have happened 10 years ago and I wouldn't have had to endure such pains to keep the marriage together and we both wouldn't had wasted our time.

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

Edenone. I wish you all the strength to overcome your situation. Life is very complex. Please don't blame yourself or your partner. We as human beings can't predict the future. Relationships is one of the reason I wrote my book. I hope that after reading it people will feel better about themselves. Knowing that its not their fault and that there is a way out. By the way I have been to Algarve a couple of times. You are very lucky to live in Portugal. πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

@ EdenOne

It's so sad to read that your wife now wants to live without you.

I'm following your reports also, because I was many times in Portugal on vacations (between Portimao and Faro - also visiting every time Lissabon).

Best wishes for you from Germany.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit