Another marriage bites the dust ...

by EdenOne 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    Thanks for your thoughts and comments. This is yet another cautionary tale. Before you leave the WT, also prepare for the impact that it could have on your marriage. Once the “glue”provided by the religion evaporates, some people discover to their surprise that there’s not much else binding them to their spouse.

very true. all the more so if a young dub couple marry in order to have sex.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

You are sadly 100% right about the unexpected collateral damage.
    There is no predicting how things play out.
    With me I needed to get my 2 kids out before their lives were ruined, so any cost would have not changed my path.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Very sorry to read your sad news Eden. I would only confirm what others have said, that a lot of people feel the way she does at your ages. I have known a couple change their mind before it is too late.

"Once the “glue”provided by the religion evaporates, some people discover to their surprise that there’s not much else binding them to their spouse."

I recognize that . Why else do you think I often attend meetings!

• tiki
    tiki

Bipolar is the real problem....it is extremely difficult to live with and maintain a stable relationship with one suffering from that disorder....but love for her will help you to give her the space she feels she needs. Stay true to each other no matter what...

• carla
    carla

I'm sorry, wishing you all the best moving forward.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Eden, after reading your first post I just wanted to say I’m sorry. But then after reading your second post and explanation I’m moved to add that perhaps it’s better for all considering all the circumstances you related.

Life is often difficult. I’m confident you’ll rise to the challenges. The best is yet to come.

jp

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Wow im really sorry to hear that eden.... all my best to you as you work through it

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Sorry Eden. Get your focus on the future and leave the past behind. When a woman says "No", I've learned to say "next"!

I'm divorced now for about two months after 27.5 years of marriage.

I was able to get my immediate family out of JW dreamland and I thought we were safe, then things started to change.

I've talked to men who have been through the same thing and they tell me that the women will usually make an effort to restore the relationship 4-5 years later. I don't want her back.

If I had know how this would end, I would have pursued a divorce 15 years ago. I was not happy in a sexless marriage.

Peace

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

Im sorry for what you are going through. Ive only been married 4 years and going through a separation thanks to the JW cult, I cant imagine 25 years and with a child in the picture. The support on this forum definitely helps.

Best wishes,

D

• flipper
    flipper

EDEN- I'm so very sorry that you and your wife are both experiencing a divorce. I'm on my 3rd marriage these last 12 years and been divorced twice before- and it's never easy - ever. The bi-polar factor is a big one that can make the mate that doesn't have that condition feel like they're on a roller coaster as well experiencing all the ups and downs peaks and valleys that come with that disorder. My short , brief year and a half 2nd marriage over 15 years ago was to a lady who had bi-polar disorder. One day you feel like you're a superman stud from heaven in their eyes, the next day they consider you the bastard from hell. My ex # 2 also had a methamphetamine addiction to boot.

Hey man, if you ever need a friend or want to talk I'll PM you my personal E-mail info and contact info. I'm sorry man, it's rough now- but this too shall pass. You will live to love another day or year in your future . Take care of yourself, hang in there, and lots of love & hugs from me and Mrs. Flipper to you. Check your PMs here soon. Peace to you. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit