Sometimes, it just ain't any fun...

by safe4kids 52 Replies latest jw friends

• freein89
    freein89

Dana,

All I can say is that I am sorry. I have never been through the things you are experiencing so all I can do is add my voice to the others here and express my condolences and best wishes. You are an excellent Mommy and it shines through and will help your children. You are not only helping them through a painful journey you are teaching them to be loving, supportive and "there." This will carry through to the next generation. A legacy of love a support is being built through tradgedy. You are wonderful. Keep wrestling the boy for those hugs.

Deb

• think41self
    think41self

((((Dana)))) ((((Justin)))) ((((Delaney))))

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I'm also sorry that your big sister can't "be there" for you right now. You're right...life is no fun sometimes. I still haven't lost my basic optimism...but sometimes it's harder to see the sunshine than others. I guess it's the knowledge that there are still good times to be had...plenty of them...that keeps us going, eh?

I love you sis....we definitely need a girls weekend now....let's plan one.

Tracy

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

((Dana))

I'm so sorry to hear about this rough time you are going through. I can't empathize as I never have had somebody close to me die. My thoughts are with Delaney, she is such a sweet and sensitive girl, this has to be very tough for her.

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

Dana - I can only add to the compliments given to you and the way you’re handling this with your children. I just hope this storm will pass through your lives and one day you will all remember Jo's spirit. The kindness and compassion children have for others is so overwhelming and encouraging that while Delany is afraid...still shows her how to put other peoples feelings ahead of her own. What a lesson to learn for such a little one. Thank you for taking the time to check this thread and let us into a piece of your life and heart.

-Tracy

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hi Deb,

Thank you for your words of support and encouragement. You said:

A legacy of love a support is being built through tradgedy

Yes, it seems no matter how dark things can sometimes get, there is almost always at least one positive to be realized. Our family is pulling much closer together right now because of what's happening and so I am grateful for that.

(((Dan)))

You're a real sweetie and Delaney enjoyed spending time with you at Joy's and Steve's. Thank you for your concern, although I feel that Delaney is handling this better than Justin at the moment, but a friend assures me that he's reacting in a 'typically male' manner and not to worry too much about him. I'm trying not to worry! but this parenting gig sometimes isn't all it's cracked up to be.

(((((((Tracy)))))) My dear sister, what the heck do you mean that you haven't 'been there' for me??! I KNOW that when I need you, all I have to do is pick up the phone, just as I'm sure you know the same about me. You've got your own stuff to deal with and I know that the last few days haven't been easy or fun for you either. I wish that I could have been there for YOU. We DEFINITELY need to plan a girl's weekend, hopefully before my classes begin again. I love ya, you know.

Dana

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Zoewrex/Tracy,

Welcome to the board and thank you for taking the time to respond to the thread.

I just hope this storm will pass through your lives and one day you will all remember Jo's spirit. The kindness and compassion children have for others is so overwhelming and encouraging that while Delany is afraid...still shows her how to put other peoples feelings ahead of her own

You have made some excellent points here. I know that one day, we won't feel the sadness and pain associated with losing her and while my daughter is afraid and sad for her Gramma, she is also giving me a glimpse into the depths of her strength, compassion and courage, which is a wonderful thing in spite of all the negatives. Thank you again for your reply.

Dana

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Dana,

I wasn't sure to post my viewpoint........but read Lady Lee's comments. By allowing, even encouraging your children to visit their grandmother, is a gift in disguise. Some parents shield their kids into a Happy World.

The truth is, your kids will be exposed to death, if not now, then later on. With you there with them, they can learn how to handle it, show emotion, show love, and show sorrow. They also have you there to comfort them, to talk with them.....to mirror how you deal with all these emotions. And they can offer the same back to you, and their grandmother.

Some kids just see their families/parents close the door & drink.....for days, weeks. One would suspect they're learning to handle their pain/anger/sorrow the same way. There are other, equally negative, ways of handling these situations also.

((((((((((((((Sorry for such heartbreak ))))))))))))) - but you and your kids are doing a marvelous job in handling it with love & dignity.

Congratulations, mom.

waiting

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Dana , thru the pain of your words , there is still a beauty in your families spirit. I wish I could reach out and give you and the kids a hug,,,,,, can't do it so here are a few(((((((((((hugs))))))))))))).

When I read about your daughter holding her grandmother's hand it reminded me of when my beloved Granny was passing away. We knew it was getting close , and she was tired. I would go in , just like your daughter , and hold her dear , sweet , soft hand, holding on just as long as I could. I was older than your daughter , 17, but I knew even then that my grandmother was exceptional. She had 36 grandchildren and each one of us held a special place in her huge loving heart.

I was actually honored to be one one of the last to be with my grandmother as she passed on. It was hard to watch her go, but somehow, she took comfort in me being there. She and I always had a close bond,,,,,,,, when she came to visit , she slept in my bed, watched movies with me, and just let me lay my head on her lap as we sat doing nothing. She was a person I could find comfort in as a child and I am so glad that I was there when she fell asleep , for the last time with a small smile on her face.

She left this world , giving me a valuable lesson, that even as a JW , I always wondered about her visions of things she saw on the other side before she died. I know what she told me and I hope she did make it to the place she was ready to go to. She made me not afraid.

Dana,,,,,,,,,,, I hope that you and the kids know that you are very much loved, and tell them all about this thread, talk , talk and talk to them . Tell them they are wonderful kids and that we are all so proud of their courage and that we are so sorry about their Grandmother . I am sure she is taking great comfort in all of you right now.

Much love , Dede

• Mulan
    Mulan

((((Dana)))) ((((Justin)))) ((((Delaney))))

I am so sorry for this difficult time you are going through. I hope sharing with all of us, is a comfort for you. I wish I was there to hug you in person. You are such a trooper, Dana.

Marilyn

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

(((Dana & kids))))

I went through the same a copple of months ago.
    It is very difficult - but life goes on - after a (long) while the pain is lessening, and you will remember her with all the fine memories you have.

My sympathy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit