Sometimes, it just ain't any fun...

by safe4kids 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

(((Dana)))

You have time and opportunity to prepare yourself and the kids and to say goodbye. As terrible as it is you will all grow stronger through this ordeal. The lessons are hard ones indeed. I know you will be ok and that you will be there for the kids

Take care

Lee

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

(((((((((((((Dana))))))))))))(((((((((((((kids))))))))))))

Life is difficult. I'm sorry this is such a depressing time in your life, but you will get through it and you will grow from it.

You are already remembering the good things about your grandma that will be dear to you as you think of her again in the future. Take the time to love and hug one another. It hurts but it does help to hug loved ones.

((((((((((Hugs & kisses))))))))

j2bf

• acsot
    acsot

I am so sorry for what you are going through - she seems like a wonderful person; that is what will always live on for you and your kids, her legacy to the next generations.

((((((((((((Dana))))))))))))

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

((((Dana & kids))))

• blondie
    blondie

Dana, every moment is so precious. We have had some difficult times lately too. We just take it a day at a time sometimes an hour at a time. She needs all of you so much right now. Being there with love, love which flows both ways.

(((hugs))) Blondie

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

((((Dana & Family))))

I am so sorry to hear of this....nope - sometimes its just no fun. Your daughter sounds like one dear heart of a little girl, and brave & courageous - just like her mom!

Love,

Rhonda

• Robdar
    Robdar

(((((Dana)))))))

I am so sad to hear what is going on with your family.

Love you much,

Robyn

• Angharad
    Angharad

(((((Dana & kids)))))

Sorry it such a tough time for you all

Hang in there, if you ever want to chat I'm here.

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

***HUGS*** Dana, you sound like you have a wonderful and beautiful family. I'm very sorry .. life can be tremedously hard at times, words cannot even decribe, but you and your family are in all of our thoughts. My heart feels swollen and heavy for you all. I hope you have all the strength in the world to deal with this hard time.

*HUGS*

Josh

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

I really want to thank everyone for their replies. I was too whipped last night to respond; it was like getting all that out drained me but it was something I needed to do. Just when I feel totally disillusioned with online 'life', I get warmly surprised by the outpouring of care and concern and it means a lot to me. Thank you.

(((Wasa))), you are so right about feeling the kids' pain and how dreadful that is. We moms (and dads) are used to fixing things, making them better and so it is incredibly hard when our kids are hurting and we can't work our parental magic and make it all go away. Thank you so much for your support.

((((Prisca and Steve)))) Thank you for your kindness. Btw, Steve, Justin thinks he would feel a little better if we had your salsa recipe

(((Tammy and Rhonda))) Yes, I am very proud of my kids. I can't describe how much my heart swells with love and pride when I see my daughter treating her grandmother with such tenderness. I've discussed with her how she is feeling and explained that it's ok if she's scared and doesn't want to visit Gramma as often as I do, that it's normal and for her not to feel guilty about it, but so far she's chosen to be right there. Her courage inspires me.

(((Scully, Margy, Shamus, Craig, Lea, Ascot, Sixy, Robyn, Harry))) Your expressions of support and concern have been very heartwarming...thank you all. Yes, my mother in law is a wonderful lady and I can truly say she is loved by everyone who meets her. She is going to be sorely missed.

(((((Lee and Joy)))) You both are so right, in that it is a difficult thing and also that being there for the kids is my priority. Sometimes, just wrapping my arms around them and pulling them close gives me comfort, even when I have to wrestle my son to the floor to get those elusive hugs. Thank you both.

(((Blondie))) I'm so sorry to hear that your family is going thru difficult times as well. You're very wise and this has truly brought so much into perspective for me; all of the petty things have taken a backseat and we are focused on what's really important. Thank you for the encouragement.

(((Josh))) Thank you as well for the encouraging words.

Love,

Dana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit