Dad flew home this morning

by Simon 39 Replies latest jw friends

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Hi Simon, Hi Angharad

Your posting really made me think....(very rare, but it does happen from time to time)!!!!!!

I hate goodbyes, and your posting even brought tears to my eyes.. but I have come to the conclusion that being a JW stops you from doing so much with your life, moving, jobs or whatever, so NOW when you have the chance of doing something with your life, and a chance to give your kids a great life DO IT!!!!!!!!

Your family in the NW sound just like mine in the NE... and for so long I ran our lives around them, and when to visit and worry about what would the fmaily think! Now, I don't give a toss, we do want we want to do, when we want to do it!!

So go West my son, go West!!! LOL

Thats my 10 pence worth anyway.

Mrs Nightwarrior

• Simon
    Simon

It's true ... we end up 'tiptoing' round their quirks and foibles and sesibilities while they give no consideration for ours at all and ride roughshod over them.

My new motto is "sod 'em". To be honest, I've had so little to do with my family round here for quite a while and the truth is, I don't miss them that much any more. In fact, I enjoy not having anything to do with them.

I miss my little bro. who is down south alternatively at Uni or working - he's a nice lad and we've always got on. I don't see him too much as it is but would miss seeing him more when we're in Canada but I'm sure he'll visit often to sponge and freeload

As well as my dad, I have a half-sister in Canada with brother-in-law, nieces and a nephew.

I really should get in touch with the other family I have over here that were not in the truth and so we didn't have much to do with (uncles, aunties and cousins).

• mouthy
    mouthy

I beg your pardon Simon" WAS NOT IN THE TRUTH?????" that is what you wrote- Go wash your mouth out......It is the LIE!!!!! repeat after me.IT IS THE LIE!!!! NOT THE TRUTH....((hug
    Well I guess I shall have to send you some dollars eh!!! O.K. gang lets all send him some dollars -so he get here quicker- BUT!!!! I must warn you it gets COLD!!!!!! so bring your bloomers Ang!!!

• termite 35
    termite 35

Hi Simon and Ang;

I did'nt realise you were seriously thinking about going...but it's good to re-asses your life and I can see your plan makes sense for you as a family.

My brother moved to Vancouver 10 years ago- his wife is from Edmonton (sp?)

I REALLY miss him.

My parents are now both dead and the rest of my family don't really speak, so i've often thought about joining him-he's setled in really happily and has a really good life- he's got fantastic beaches and the mountains and all the Islands to holiday on.( you dont get much holiday though! ) Our great- grandmother was Canadian and came over in the early 1900's.i'm going to go over this year and have a look around...

would you dad be able to sponsor you?

• Simon
    Simon

Termite: one word ... GO !

Once you have gone and had a look round I'm sure you will hate coming home again (trust me).

We have gravitated towards Calgary which is a very attractive, neat city but Vancouver is pretty awesome too by all accounts (we're due a visit there 'cause we want to go on an alaskan cruise one day)

The people are incredibly friendly and they still have a real sense of community spirit. The country is awesome - a trip round the rockies and you realise that we don't have any landscape at all in this country.

Go, Go, Go !!!

It's a beautiful place and the relative costs of housing is really low (eg. for our mid-terrace in Salford we could get a nice big house near a lake with a view of the mountains)

The immigration criteria have changed somewhat so you don't get sponsored as such. If you want any info let me know and I'll send you what I've got ([email protected])

• ballistic
    ballistic

You on comission Simon? I'm sold!

• wednesday
    wednesday

my husband's family live about a 1000 miles from us and we see them about one time a year,, my family ,mom an dad are deceased, but my bro lives wihtin 20 miles and the last time i saw him was at mom's fmneral. he is an active jw and does not have much use for me. I/hubby are very close to my grandkids and we would probably move to whereever they went. I love them so much, it would be hard not to see their sweet faces.

• Simon
    Simon

Canada should pay me. I've got about 3 people where I work seriously looking at immigration now !

I consider myself a "Canadian in waiting"

• termite 35
    termite 35

Thanks for offering the info Simon-my brother will probably know, though if its changing i may take you up on that...I hope you get to realise your dream-i love space and cant wait to see the scenery-

all the photos he posts to me look unbelieveably beautiful.

he's a great uncle and misses his nieces and nephew so much, I can't wait ; he's so eager to show me everything...

Just hate flying...I enquired about a boat...but it took 2 months and cost quite a lot!

• cat1759
    cat1759

Simon,

Decisions decisions! I live 800 miles from my family. All my children live around me. The only thing I regret is that I didn't see my dad more often. I would send the kids down for the summer or go for a week or two every other year.

My dad and I talked everyday that I was able to be home. We would spend three hours at least twice a week getting caught up. I regret that I did not go spend time with him. I knew he was dieing and I also had responsiblities to my children. I was not allowed to move out of the state due to child custody. Spend time with those that love you and your children because children need to know there is more to life than their parents. Now that dad is gone I go once every three years. Reminds me, next year is coming to quickly.

Good luck.

Cathy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit