Dad flew home this morning

by Simon 39 Replies latest jw friends

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Simon & Angharad!

It would be awesome to welcome you to Canada as permanent residents!!!

And not to worry... the Calgary winters are milder than the Saskatchewan or Manitoba winters...Calgary gets the warm winds (Chinooks) that break up the winter quite significantly...and they are oh so welcome!!

I've visited Calgary several times. My son used to attend Tech school there. It's a wonderful city!!

ESTEE

• Simon
    Simon
    My parents live 5 miles and light years from me

I can relate to that ! My mother lives about 5 miles away and I haven't seen her in years. She comes to the KH at the end of our street 2 or 3 times a week but never sees me or her grandkids. We gave up visiting them because we were made to feel so uncomfortable - why should we let them make us feel like that? Nice 'loving family' that the WTS builds eh?

My sisters live even closer and we never see them either.

We love Calgary and have been all round the surrounding area from Edmonton & Drumheller down to Waterton Lakes and Great Falls (in the USA) and Jasper & BC across to, er, the litle places I can't remember to the East.

It's all very beautiful and we really can't wait to get out there. We've already picked out some nice areas we'd like to go to just south of Calgary (the Okotoks, Nanton, High-River area). Handy for visiting Dad and family who live in Lethbridge.

It will be nice to have a proper winter and snow rather than constant rain LOL

• shamus
    shamus

If you want to see some awesome climbing piccy's, PM me your email address Simon and I'll attach some for you.... Incredible scenery!

Shamus

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yep, Mrs Ozzie just hates the goodbyes........................it's agony.

Once you're back in routine, or on your journey home, it seems to lessen.

Cheers, Ozzie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I can relate to that ! My mother lives about 5 miles away and I haven't seen her in years. She comes to the KH at the end of our street 2 or 3 times a week but never sees me or her grandkids. We gave up visiting them because we were made to feel so uncomfortable - why should we let them make us feel like that? Nice 'loving family' that the WTS builds eh? My sisters live even closer and we never see them either.

Simon,

I had no idea you were suffering in this way. I guess I was so taken up with our troubles. You have my sympathy; you know I understand what it's like!

Cheers, Ozzie

• berylblue
    berylblue

I love my (non-JW) father and my five sisters and one brother, but I don't think I'd be very upset at all if I didn't see them for a long, long time. In fact, three of them never answer my cards, phone calls or emails, so I've stopped writing and caring. That may change, but right now there's just been too much hurt for me to willingly expose myself to their conditional love (conditional on everything from the phase of the moon to what I'm doing for a living). My psychiatrist told me they are self-absorbed, self-protective, selfish, self-centered. I said that must mean I am, too. He said, no, you're not selfish.

• berylblue
    berylblue

Oh, my mother's been dead for 23 years.

I do miss her so much.

Rosemarie

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Dad flew home this morning

Really? His arms must be tired!

(Sorry)

• Simon
    Simon

LOL @ funkyderek

... thanks for the laugh

• donkey
    donkey

Worlds away and yet we touch

Across the shiny sea
    Far away from me
    Lives my Dad, a man I still love so much
    Worlds away and yet we touch

I don’t see him much any longer
    He’s growing old now, not any stronger
    I wonder how many times we will still see each other
    Time ticks by – one month, two months….another

The hope to be together again is always in my heart
    It doesn’t matter how long we are apart
    Am I just a dreaming of my childhood once more?
    Remembering how at the end of each day Dad would walk in the door…

The door is closing with passing time
    Inch by inch it nears it nears the end of the line
    Don’t forget Dad still cares so much
    Worlds away and yet we touch….

Jack

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit