JW Rumor: End of the Traveling Overseer

by Edison Trent 86 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I imagine they will need to keep the COs on whilst they are in the throes of merging and downsizing since the CO is involved in the recommendation and co-ordinating of the merger and he is essentially the link betwen the congreagtions and the branch.

It also makes sense that as congregation mergers continue resulting in fewer congregations, talks become videos and more things are done online they will need less COs. Since the CO arrangement is an expensive one I can see them finding an alternative in the future.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Maybe so careful. Then again this is from the same organisation that scheduled meeting parts praising the book study arrangement that took place after the announcement that the book study was to be abolished.

Didn't COs just get reassigned in September anyway? If they plan to abolish COs it probably won't happen until next year at the earliest.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

COs will not be axed. A circuit of about 40 Congos will be put under them so in other words one visit per year not two and revolve them every 4 years

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Maybe so. No news on this front so far anyway.

Have you inside info or is that a guess stilla?

• freddo
    freddo

SBF - The regular CO change (under the three year system) isn't until Sept 2018 for the UK.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I do not have inside information no

• karter
    karter

The C.O will not be done away with in my opinion.

The C.O is a buffer between the congregation and the W.T.S.

The C.O appoints the Elders M.S's ect so if anyone wants to sue the W.T.S for the actions of anyone they can say "Blame the C.O he appointed them and sue him"

An easy out for the W.T.S.

Karter.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Karter- exactly

• TrueNoir
    TrueNoir

They already announced last weekend that the preaching work was completed even though the JW's are still missing the cry for peace and security. But I would imagine the upcoming protest that the governing body members are invited to will be turned into something like (Look the nations are coming after us the END IS NEAR!!!)

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

It sure seems the borg is just a shadow of it's former self. My god, we studied for 5 meetings a week, repeatedly studied from Gen. To Rev year, after year, after year. Plus all the mags and books. Now they play on their ipads. How could they know anything? This rebranding is just a stripdown and money being socked away somewhere (maybe invested in Trump/Jerad industries.

Who knows and more importantly, who cares. The damage is done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit