JW Rumor: End of the Traveling Overseer

by Edison Trent 86 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• fulano
    fulano

"hey fired almost all the ‘special’ pioneers, which cut their expenses for missionaries substantially. And almost all new missionaries are already on the payroll, since the reorganization of Gilead in 2011."

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?

@Edison Trent, what do mean by taking the CO's back to Bethel?They are not bethelites.

By the way, if it would be true they better start sending new missionaries back home, most of them would be happy to be able to go back :) They are the real spenders. We lived in missionary-home that costs the branch 1100 us on rent alone, that for five of us, three constantly ill. That lights 300 US, our allowances, food (3 dollar a meal per person was the rule) etc. So a couple of CO are peanuts.

• Edison Trent
    Edison Trent

Sorry for my inaccurate posting. I meant my source already knew that the DOs would be abolished before it was read to the assembly, some years ago.

In Europe, the COs have cars like company cars. All drive the same model and they are paid by bethel. This was meant with the car fleet program.

My friend said he knows COs, which were recently transferred to bethel without explanation. They now work in the legal department etc. He suspects that this is related to the abolition of COs.

• sir82
    sir82

This was anticipated / speculated on, on this forum, maybe 6 or 8 years ago.

It makes financial sense for the WTS to reduce the number of "special full time servants". They can get "regional super-elders" to visit a few congregations a year and send reports back to the WTS. There are enough power-hungry nitwitted elders who would jump at the chance for such an opportunity.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

What is the expense of an CO for the org? ZERO!

The publishers pay for everything - cars, accommodation, living expenses, allowance.

But it's money which the org would rather keep for itself.

• Edison Trent
    Edison Trent
    The car fleet program is paid by the congregations. But living expenses and so on? Many publishers give them money every visit week. I thought they also get some money by bethel.
  • sparky1
    sparky1

Fall Guy......stop stating facts. It throws a 'wet blanket' on the 'doom and gloom naysayers' that will jump at any 'nonsensical' tidbit to prove the imminent demise of WATCHTOWER and Jehovah's Witnesses.

• sir82
    sir82

What is the expense of an CO for the org? ZERO!

The publishers pay for everything - cars, accommodation, living expenses, allowance.

But it's money which the org would rather keep for itself.

Of course.

If you look at it that way, no corporation has any expense or liability - all their money comes from sales to their customers.

But obviously corporations do have expenses and liabilities as does the WTS.

The WTS could reduce their expenses, their potential legal liability, and (big one) their self-insurance payouts to COs & their wives for medical costs - if they eliminated COs as "special full time servants".

It's not "doom and gloom" - it would make perfect financial sense and be in line with all the other cost-cutting measures we've seen over the past 20 years or so, and which seems to have accelerated over the past 10 years.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Well one way CO’s cost money is health care. That is a “hidden” expense for them and why they ran out many older CO’s ten or so years ago.

• Edison Trent
    Edison Trent

So the result will be: All these guys get unemployed and the congregations will have to pay a chaplain? May be they create a new fund for COs and their wives and every congregation will have to 'donate' 5$ per publisher.

• Edison Trent
    Edison Trent
    Well one way CO’s cost money is health care. That is a “hidden” expense for them and why they ran out many older CO’s ten or so years ago.

All COs that i know have health problems and are ill often.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit