Can this be true: GB to court - NBC ??

by Festus 52 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Festus
    Festus

Is this a bad joke or "fake news"?

NBC New York is claiming "Attorneys are expected on Monday to announce the filing of lawsuits in King's County Supreme Court against eight members of the Governing Body of the Jehovah's Witnesses for alleged child sexual abuse claims."

Eventhough I would enjoy to see this happen I am very suspiciouse concerning NBCs reliability with this case.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Happening-Today-NJ-Water-Cosby-Appeal-Epstein-Probe-536740491.html

• Stealth
    Stealth

The Governing Body would say it's apostate fake news!

• Xanthippe
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Yes it's gaining traction

• Biahi
    Biahi

This PROVES how close Armageddon is now! Lol

• Biahi
    Biahi

The authorities are touching Jehovah’s eyeball!!

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Attorney Irwin Zalkin had previously said that Governing Body members would be sued in court. Perhaps this is what he was referring to.

The following is from the link posted by Xanthippe...

On Friday, attorney Irwin Zalkin held a news conference in Manhattan announcing that two alleged victims, Heather Steele and Michael Ewing, will file lawsuits in state Supreme Court in Brooklyn on Wednesday. The lawsuits will name as defendants eight members of the Governing Body of the Jehovah’s Witnesses (JWs).

Now located in Tuxedo Park, N.Y., the JWs World Headquarters occupied a building with a large Watchtower sign in Brooklyn.
    “Litigation by the Zalkin Law Firm has exposed a database maintained by the JW containing information about known child molesters within the organization that dates back decades,” according to a news release from the law firm. “The JWs have defied numerous court orders compelling them to produce this database in several of the lawsuits.”
  • Alex Williams
    Alex Williams

These were false brothers in the first century and false brothers today that have slipped in to the congregations and done horrible thing to women and under ages girls the bible warned of such so why is this such a shock its happening in Gods clean organization

New Living Translation
    Even that question came up only because of some so-called believers there—false ones, really—who were secretly brought in. They sneaked in to spy on us and take away the freedom we have in Christ Jesus

Contemporary English Version
    We went there because of those who pretended to be followers and had sneaked in among us as spies

NWT Jude 1

These are the rocks hidden below water at your love feasts+ while they feast with you, shepherds who feed themselves without fear;+ waterless clouds carried here and there by the wind;+ fruitless trees in late autumn, having died twice.These men are murmurers,+ complainers about their lot in life, following their own desires,+ and their mouths make grandiose boasts, while they are flattering others* for their own benefit.+These are the ones who cause divisions,+ animalistic men,* not having spirituality.

And yes some are Elders who had responsibility in the congregation

So your post exposes nothing that hasn't been predicted in scripture

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

LOL...When I first saw that title I thought you meant they were planning some kind of PR move to broadcast on NBC. This story broke a few days ago.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    So your post exposes nothing that hasn't been predicted in scripture

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic in your post or not.

If you are serious, what you posted from Jude 1 perhaps fits the GB very well, but what is new is that GB members are being sued for the first time, assuming this law suit is real and makes it to trial.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit