Hollywood messed up another one

by hothabanero 33 Replies latest social entertainment

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

"Why can't we just have entertainment without turning it into a platform to cram their deeply unpopular political views down our throats?" -- hothabanero

So you are mad that the people who OWN the rights to these cartoons and comic books do what they want to with them especially if they even try to recreate the original scenes? Seems weird.

Please provide an example of the type of show that currently possesses the traits you hunger for.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

That bit stood out to me as well. It maybe is their attempt to relate to the zeitgeist. I didn't take it as propaganda. Just as the reflection of a characters development. Luke Cage (did you watch his series?) would say something like that.

Try not to be so sensitive maybe. That might help.

• sir82
    sir82

Try not to be so sensitive maybe. That might help.

Snowflake?

• Londo111
    Londo111

What else would a character like Luke Cage say to someone like Danny Rand and be authentically in character? What other perspective would Luke Cage have?

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

@David_jay: I haven't read the comics.

I am not a racist. I liked the Luke Cage series better than Iron Fist and I kind of found it refreshing they didn't try to shoe horn in a white person in the middle of Harlem.

The speech was totally out of character IMO and very preachy. I could understand it if the white guy had been bragging about his money or something but he just went off on him for no good reason and even called it privilege; it was textbook SJW stuff. Luke is a very chill guy in his own series where there has been none of this race baiting crap.

It didn't make any sense they would waste time on liberal bullshit in the middle of saving their own asses and the city, except through the lens of a SJW where saving the city would be secondary to virtue-signalling for 5 minutes lol.

I guess the next Batman movie the showdown will be the penguin giving a 50 minute speech on being disabled!

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

@silentbuddha: I don't hunger for any particular traits, I just don't want to listen to preachy marxist bullshit in the middle of a superhero series for no damn reason except sucking up to a liberal demographic who will otherwise go ballistic bc the black guy is poor.

This isn't about limiting what ppl can write, I am observing that these tv shows now have to be written in a particular way (preachy marxist bullshit) to prevent liberals from going apeshit over "white privilege".

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

@Simon: A warning. Avoid the BBC series "the state"; it is one long attempt to humanize and excuse Islamic state. BBC has really gone off the deep end on that one...

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    This site is filled with some of the same empty-headed thinking that filled Watchtower land. You blame the world for your lack of knowledge, and crown your misinterpretation of things as truth. It's just about a stupid TV show, but you've taken a tiny thing and made a vehicle for hating a group of people...all because you were too lazy, ignorant of even just stupid to know something idiotic about a comic book series from 1972.

David_Jay for the most part, I have to say I agree with you!

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

@Londo111: Uhm how about just shutting up and getting on with saving the city? None of the other characters felt the need to go all liberal bravehearth for no damn reason except "white privilege" (PLEASE don't fuck up Jessica Jones, I beg you hollywood!).

It was bizarre. A complete break from the story to deliver a political message.

Asides that it was just illogical. Luke is fresh out of jail so everyone has more money than him. If he was supposed to be angry at someone, it would make more sense he was angry at corrupt members of the black community which put him in jail (the evil black chick), or even Misty as representing a state which is ultimately responsible for putting him in jail unfairly.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Just don't patronize those series, stay away from the tele.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit