Meet George Floyd

by cofty 75 Replies latest social current

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I don't know Fink, in these cases that you noted, people had a stick or a chain. I would consider those people armed and demonstrating aggressive behavior to the degree that they could inflict damage, injury AND possible death.

Imagine being a cop who wanted to go home to his family after work every night.

• newsheep
    newsheep

It sickens me that the world is this stupid that they can't see who the real victim is. It's his daughter. That kid having a father who was in prison most of her life, the drugs that was in that household and a mother who didn't leave but raised that their daughter into believing that this is a normal way of life.Why turn a thug into a hero when the real victim was his daughter.

• Simon
    Simon
    If more white people are killed by police, and black people are making a lot of noise about the issue that affects them, once the problem is fixed, wouldn't black and white benefit from the protests?

Irrelevant. Your claim was that this was a racist law. You're shifting the goal posts as a distraction.

Try again to come up with a law than targets specific races other than university admissions and so-called "positive" discrimination.

• dozy
    dozy

Thanks for posting the original video. I have never previously heard of the woman , but she has cojones ( figuratively speaking!). Good for her to speak out.

• millie210
    millie210
    newsheep

It sickens me that the world is this stupid that they can't see who the real victim is. It's his daughter. That kid having a father who was in prison most of her life, the drugs that was in that household and a mother who didn't leave but raised that their daughter into believing that this is a normal way of life.Why turn a thug into a hero when the real victim was his daughter.

I understand what your saying about the daughter being a victim. She may never have broken free of the poor example of a father she had, who knows?

I would say she is no longer a victim now. Overnight she has gone from a poor role model dad to being a rich little girl courtesy of the city of Minneapolis. .

There will be funds for her, scholarships, not to mention a huge lawsuit paid out.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good thread, Cofty.

First, the killing of GF was completely unacceptable, and the offending officers are rightly facing serious charges.

I, too, have issues with BLM.

TBH, I don't think they actually care about black lives ... because they only protest and lose their shit when the attacker is white. Black-on-black killings are sky-high in the US (and in the UK, too, I think) but BLM don't say a word.

BLM talk about reparations for slavery (something that happened centuries ago in the US and UK) but have nothing to say of modern slavery - in Mauritania, slavery was abolished only in 2007. Mauritanian society is stratified based on race, with the lighter-skinned Arabs and Berbers at the top and sub-Saharan blacks at the bottom of society, domestic servitude, etc. There are black Mauritanians alive today who are former slaves.

There are slave markets in Libya this past few years. Some sub-Saharan Africans are allowed to travel to Europe, providing they pay the people smugglers a price; others are sold into slavery.

Again, BLM have nothing to say about these matters.

It's far easier to topple some statue of some long-dead whitey who profited from the transatlantic slave trade.

Well done to Candace Owens for speaking out.

That woman is a marvel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit