I was disfellowshipped because of Satan

by elbib 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

CO's must be so afraid...maybe 2016 will be a year of cleansing

• label licker
    label licker

Stuckinarut2,

it's not hard. We had two uneducated goon elders at the end of our lane look at my husband and say the very same thing: YOUR DISFELLOWSHIPPED! They yelled at him so loud that I could hear it from the house. They are showing how desperate they are.

• coalize
    coalize

It was a second witness of this talk?

Because, how a JC can take a plaint in serious if it's not two witnesses?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It's a weird feeling when a fading JW realizes that he's not actually becoming an "apostate"...

...he's already been one for a long time, and just didn't know it.

• steve2
    steve2

I can "see" their concern: If you are prepared to share your views with the CO, they will conclude you'd be prepared to do so with anyone, including other JWs. Oh, I don't agree with their view - but I can follow it.

The part that gets to me, though, is the CO not even having the decency to share his concern with you, and, moreover, not advising you he would be talking to the body of elders about your comments. That's typical JW spiritual cowardice.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

For some stoopid reason, the thread title makes me think of some poor schizophrenic guy running around in his underwear, clearly off his meds, yelling "I was disfellowshipped because SATAN!!!", and incoherently gibbering into the pavement...

...or that Robot Chicken bit with the demonic dog telling the little boy to murder people...

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The Jews do not believe that Satan exists as a sentient being but is termed the " Yetzer hara" or "evil inclination" . Jesus, being a devout Jew..similarly could not have believed he was a person. The Satan in Job is given the name " adversary" as a TITLE not a proper name, in the sense of a lawyer argueing for the prosecution ( of Job). The title Ha' Satan" appears twice in the Hebrew bible..in Job and Zachariah.The other 8 occasions the word is used either as a verb or using the term as" a hindrance" or to " thwart".

How else could a Satan have reasonably been granted audience with God after mankind was condemned to death for a disobedience that the witnesses say was instigated by" Satan", it doesn't make any sense. In any case no mention of Satan is made in genesis - only a talking snake!

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

If Satan is not an actual person/entity, who is God talking to in Job? Or is this another case of the Bible giving conflicting accounts?

• elbib
    elbib

steve2,

That's what exactly made me angry within myself. CO's behaviour shows how much the fear factor rules the JW org--something that cannot be the characteristics of organization of God, who is a fountain of joy.

• elbib
    elbib

vidiot,

Ttile came naturally: I was just thinking about the chronological development of my DF which started from the subject of Satan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit