EdenOne, Mrs. Eden & Son: DISASSOCIATED!

by EdenOne 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
  • Dagney
    Dagney

Fantastic! Congratulations to you and your family.

Wow! The things you will do and the places you will go!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Congratulations EdenOne.

This is the goodest news thread of the month!

Remember when we used to get monthly summaries on this forum? It's a shame no one does that anymore they were pretty good for catching up on discussions and news and were pretty funny too. This thread would be the headline.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Congrats EdenOne and family!!!

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Thank you for the great support messages.

For me this is the end of a journey that started in late 2011 when a client of mine for the first time spiked my curiosity with a remark she made about sex child abuse scandals amongst the JW's. Fast forward 4,5 years: I managed to leave and help my family to come out of it, with the ups and downs that are known to this forum. I still want to help other family members to come out of this filthy cult. I'm working on it.

I'm happy!

Eden

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Very, very happy for the whole family. This is such wonderful news.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

EdenOne aka EdenWon! Yay for you! Such happy news it brings tears to my eyes. So thrilled for you all!

LoisLane

• Paul Bonanno
    Paul Bonanno

Welcome - Enjoy your freedom

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Here's the translation of the body of my letter of disassociation:

"On the 22nd of March 2016 I have sent to the XXX congregation and to the Branch Office of the Jehovah’s Witnesses in Portugal a letter in which I presented solid arguments that evidenced that there’s no sufficient scriptural and ethical support to the notion that attending the National Defense Day represents a violation of fundamental bible principles; as well as an antecipated declaration that the fulfilling of that civic duty required by the law by my son XXX wasn’t an act of disassociation from the Jehovah’s Witnesses. That letter went unanswered. The only “reply” was your silence and your unilateral decision to consider XXX disassociated.

I must say this behavior wasn’t a surprise for me. It’s very consistent with the history of this religious organization; under the guise of “theocracy” hides an exercise of power that’s hypocrite, disingenuous, dictatorial and impervious to reason. What’s worse, hides an organization that deems itself justified in disobeying the law of the land and violating Human Rights. As I warned you in my letter, the case of XXX will now be reported to the competent authorities.

This is the culmination of a long period of study and reflexion that started in 2011 when I became aware of the scandal of systematic cover-up of sexual child abuse amongst the Jehovah’s Witnesses. From that turning point on, nothing stopped me anymore from finding other highly compromizing facts to the credibility of this organization. And what I have found out not only convinced me that this business endeavour posing as a religion doesn’t have, never had, and will never have the backing of God and Christ, but further study led me to conclude that the Bible itself is just a book of human authorship, Christianity is a myth, and the existence of a personal God is but a fantasy.

At the end of my judicial hearing of 2014 I made the request that you should leave my family alone thenceforth. You didn’t. Therefore, I’m happy to have helped my family to open their eyes to the reality of the facts, and each one of them has made an individual decision that they should not be captives of this harmful religion anymore. Now, you can be certain that I shall do anything within my ability to publicly expose this religion for what it truly is: a dangerous cult, that under the guise of Christianity sells empty promises, appropriates the minds of the believers, comsumes the lives of its members, enslaving them for its own ends. A cult that breaks families apart, deprives its members from reaching their full potential in life, and puts their lives in danger. This organization, whom you gentlemen worship as a golden calf and compel others to do the same, is nothing but a religious fraud. And the community, whom the Jehovah’s Witnesses reach out to in their efforts to recruit them for their cult, deserves to be informed about the true nature of this religion. I consider a duty of citizenship and a public service to contribute to such awareness.

Thus, I have taken the decision to disfellowship this apostate organization from my life. I do not wish to be known as one of the Jehovah’s Witnesses anymore. I’m outraged that I was raised into this religion since I was a little child while I didn’t have enough discernment to realize the sinister implications of what I was being involved with. I feel ashamed of having dedicated my life through baptism to an organization that falsely claims to represent God and Jesus Christ and be directed by Holy Spirit. I feel embarassed that it took me so long to wake up from the mind numbness that I was subjected to. I regret that I have wasted so many years and so many opportunities in my life because of this dastard, crooked cult.

It’s a pitty that so many excellent people that I’ve met in this religion are mentally manipulated by a group of men self-styled as “Governing Body”. It’s my only regret: that sincere, good-natured people, whom I was privileged to befriend, have been conditioned to shun me while I was still a Jehovah’s Witness; and that they don’t realize the monstruosity of what they’re doing on behalf of this unworthy organization. I feel sorry for them, but ultimately, each one must own up the way they lead their life. I don’t hold a grudge against this people, for whom I will always feel affection, and I can only hope that someday they too will wake up and escape the claws of this wretched cult.

I request that any records about me that are kept by the congregation or the branch office to be destroyed. I do not wish to be contacted by your religious ministers in shepherding calls, because I simply don’t acknowledge them any authority over my life any longer. However, the doors of my house will always be opened for someone who wants to come to me as a friend.

Thank you,”

Eden

• jhine
    jhine

Fantastic EdenOne

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit