EdenOne, Mrs. Eden & Son: DISASSOCIATED!

by EdenOne 67 Replies latest jw experiences

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

My greatest happiness in all this is that we all made it out of the cult together.

Never underestimate the power of love, the power of patience, and the ability that each person has to think for oneself, regardless of formal education.

EdenOne

• EdenOne
    EdenOne
    Rebel8
    Question--isn't attendance compulsory and jws are not exempt? From <<that link, I see nothing objectionable to jw beliefs. You just show up and they tell you all about being in the military? What am I missing?

Attendance to the DDN is mandatory by law but one can be exempt of it by applying to conscientious objector status. All JW kids are compelled to apply for it. The drawback: You won't be able to hold a position as a public worker in the future. My son wasn't willing to jeopardize his future career, so he didn't apply. Thus it was considered a willful disassociation - even if it's not military service, just a 'sales pitch' from the military.

EdenOne

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Paraben! Enjoy your Liberdade!

• never a jw
    never a jw

Freedom at last!

"...three years ago". Did your son start having doubts before you did?

• just fine
    just fine

Congratulations on being free!

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

Congratulations! I hope to be there soon, together with my family. You have shown me a good example.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

So awesome! My wife and I DA'd last September. Glad to see three more out. Life is about to get a lot better for you all of you. Celebrate your freedom and that weight that has been lifted. You can breathe free now.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Never a JW
    "...three years ago". Did your son start having doubts before you did?"

No, I started first to investigate TTATT around 2011; when I noticed that my son was experiencing discomfort with the JW system, i encouraged him to trail his own way and make his own decisions, and I would have his back, no matter what. Some time after this, he took his position before I did (at 16), by refusing to go to the meetings and FS anymore.

EdenOne

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Wish you the best in your freedom from these clowns, I'm betting more will follow you out soon.

• under the radar
    under the radar

Congratulations! I join Simon in raising a glass to you all. I salute your family's courage and wisdom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit