Thank You all

by plmkrzy 69 Replies latest jw friends

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

(((Plum)))

You do have friends here, and you could have REAL friends if you want to -

We all have to make our decision regarding the whole JW thing, but I will offer you this - if you go back there for the soul reason of "needing" friends, you will still be placed as "spiritually" weak for a LONG time to come. Its not instant welcoming, and the longer that type of shunning lasts, the harder it can be having to work so hard to garner what little morsels of kindness, mercy & compassion they throw you.

You DO Have friends here - you've said it yourself. Are you so willing to turn your back on them? Everyone is here for you too, I just wish we all lived closer to one another - would make it much easier to be able to be afforded these friendships on a regular basis.

Have you been to any of the meet-ups?

I wish you peace & love, but mostly happiness....its there plum - sometimes its hard to find. Whether in the JW's or out.

Love,

Rhonda

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

(((((((((Plmcrzy))))))))))))

I know you have your reasons, but it really isn't any better back in the organization.

I've been out for over 10 years, and it takes a while to get your bearings...I now have a life I could never have dreamed of when I was in the organization...a strong relationship with God, a man in my life who I adore, and a career that I really enjoy. I have real friends, who are unconditional... It took time to get to this place in my life. I had to believe that I deserve those things.

Although the jws claim to be the happiest people on the planet, a huge percentage of them are on antidepressants...and most I have encountered in since my exit seem very angry and defensive. It really isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Friends can be found in many places. We were robbed the people skills most "worldly people" develop. You have to reach out and learn to trust. I know that's a tough thing to do in your position. I know you can because I did. There is hope, and you can learn to have friends. Give yourself some time.... I don't want to see you hurt more than you've already been. Jws can be cruel.

If you need to talk, pm me. I'll give you my email address or phone number.

Please take care!

Coffee

• teejay
    teejay

rundon'twalk,

Nice post. Not.

• termite 35
    termite 35

(((((Plmkrsy))))))

I don't want to live out my life with no friends at all so i'll choose the lesser of the evils

The thing about friends is that they don't always have to be old ones- new ones are out there too; you just hav'nt met them yet..going back for the old friends can be tempting; but as has been said, they are conditional friends- the worst sort...I have been shut out of the life of all the 'friends' I had; they don't know the meaning of the word.

Since leaving, apart from the old friends from pre-jw days; I have had to get off my butt and find them- it just takes a smile... then it all snowballs from there...why would noone want to be friends with you apart from jw's?

We do

and so do hundreds of other people out there- they just hav'nt met you yet...Iwent back to college and night classes, a gym; and friendship tends to snowball, friends of friends -

have you seen Nicholas Nickelby?

will you take your self off to the cinema and watch it ? for me? before you go back to the hall? that's the principle I tried and it works- my family is either dead or not speaking- I only have my brother...but I have so many friends to love and love me back...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Return to the kingdom hall? You must have run out of options. Plain desperate? Just plain crazy!

cheeses - some decisions made by people just defy logic and commonsense.

• northern girl
    northern girl

Plmkrsy:

You and I have never conversed here but your choice of returning to the KH is a bit curious. You say it is the less of evils. If THIS is really your thinking ... give it some serious thought first. To class it as any 'evil' is worrying. No one should try to change your mind about a serious choice you've made ... but please do it for the right reasons.

northern girl

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

If you do go back, please don't donate any money to the lawsuit & Patterson Country Club fund worldwide work.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Plm,

Sheila and I were in your shoes just a few short weeks ago. We had no friends to speak of. The phone only rang when clients or sales people called. We went down to Dallas and then up to Green Bay and now are able to say we have dozens of friends. Real friends that write and call to see whats going on, to check on our son in the Marines.

I won't judge what you have chosen to do as right or wrong, but would ask that we be given 1 more chance to show you the friendship you are seeking. We all get wrapped up in our daily lives to the point that we might miss that hand extended in friendship, or misread a cry for help. I have not known friendship until I met "Apostates". I think its because they are more aware of what it means to be alone in a crowd. Lesser of two evils, we are all subject to those decisions, question is who will accept you without making you jump through hoops? No hoops here, kooks maybe, but no hoops.

Should you choose to leave, I for one will be checking on a daily basis for your return, not because you need to, but because you want to.

Thunder

• neyank
    neyank

Hi plum,

You said:
    "I've been here 2 years and posted over a year trying to be supportive of everyone but some things are even too obvious for even me to not see."

I've read enough of your posts to know that you're an inteligent person.

So I would like to ask, what it is that is too obvious for even you to see?

If you choose to become an active JW again, you know you will have to go door to door telling unsuspecting people that the WTS has Gods truth and they must become a JW or be destroyed by God.

Will you be able to do this after learning the truth about the WTS and what they stand for?

Will you be able to forget about those that died as a result of a false teaching about organ transplants?
    (a teaching they changed so therefore it did not come from God.)

Can you forget about those that died because of the teaching about blood?
    (which they are slowly changing their mind about)

Can you foget that they have said their teachings come from God but they keep changing them over and over again?

Can you forget how unloving and cruel they really are?
    (thereby showing that they do not have the love that Jesus said His followers would have)

Can you justify going to 5 sales meetings a week and going out selling magazines with constantly changing information in them and telling people that these things are what Jesus spoke of as doing good works?

Can you ignore the blood that is on the hands of the WTS because of the way that it has treated abuse victoms?

Like any other man made and man run religion they are evil and their actions show it.

If you go back to them,that is of course your decision.

But for the life of me, I can't understand how anyone can go back to something they know to be what the WTS is.

So can you help us all understand?

neyank

• Shakita
    Shakita

I am so sorry that you are so lonely, plm.

Do what you must.....and I hope you find the true friends you really are looking for. Life is so damn short, I for one, will not give you any advice one way or another. I can only speak for my own conscience. Sure, I could go back tomorrow (I am not DA'd or DF'd) and have superficial friends who care about me conditionally. I could forget how their doctrine is twisted to fit their agenda. I could ignore the society looking the other way on the child abuse problem. I could ignore the families and relationships destroyed, and the suicides that are a result of the painful shunning policies of the organization. You see.........I could never go back because my integrity would not let me....I would die of lonliness first. But, that is me. I could and would never judge your decision to return. We all make hard decisions in life and we are the ones who must live with these decisions.

We will miss you here, and I hope that you are happy in the JW world. But, I echo dantheman, please don't contribute monetarily to an organization that promotes the destruction of decent, loving families all in the name of their Jehovah God.

Good luck.

Mrs. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit