Thank You all

by plmkrzy 69 Replies latest jw friends

• rem
    rem

(((Plum)))

Remember, this is just a web board. There is real life out there. That's where you should be focusing on making friends. Going back to the KH is one strategy... there are many others.

rem

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

(((Plum)))

I have to agree with what some others have said... please try and find true friends in the real world, not at the KH. The "friends" at the KH will have very conditional love; they will not love you if you do not love the WTS.

My wife and I have been able to find better, truer friends outside of the WTS.

I wish you the best in whatever you decide. You will be missed.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I'm really confused. Plum don't leave. What did I do?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

plmkrzy

I don't know what's going on, I haven't been able to keep up with the board lately, but your post really distresses me. I hope you are not serious about returning to the Kingdom Hall. Whatever may have happened here I hope has not turned the clock back 2 years.

Conditional friends are not real friends. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. If you need to take a break, I can understand, but please don't go back. That will only hurt you and I would hate to see that.

Be well,

Chris

• avengers
    avengers

What?

I don't believe it.

I guess Russel was a Free Mason after all.

Or not?

• gumby
    gumby

Plummer,,,,,, No!

It's got to be hormones or depression because it sure isn't you talking.

You know too much to make that decision. If you feel your going insane from lonliness or rejection.........then go to the Hall long enough to get your head straight if that's what it takes. I hope you do not leave your friends here and we become......"bad association" in your eyes. It can happen and it will if you let it.

Big hugs to you from me.

Gumby

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

((Plmkrzy)) - I'm sure you'll be OK.

Good to vent your frustrations.

Remember, some on-line participants (regardless of theme or nature of forum) are strong from behind a keyboard and computer monitor.

In-person: they are probably meek and quiet, like mice, if you know what I mean.

IF ANYONE...(ahem) feels like they may (?) have contributed to Plmkrzy's present post (feeling), take it upon yourself to contact her directly: you know...that PM thing.

Ask her directly.

I'm sure she'll give you a straight forward honest answer.

Thank you all for considering my request.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    I don't want to live out my life with no friends at all so I'll choose the lesser of the evils. I am going through some rough things right now and could use some friends.

If someone chooses to go back because they really believe in it, I can live with that.

BUT,

you are going back for the WRONG REASONS, they are 6,000,000,000 in the world 5,994,000,000 are not JW's, that's a lot of people.

When I left, I went threw some trying times, lonliness and lack of friendship were just a couple, but I stood my ground because I BELIEVED the Watchtower is wrong, and ruins families. I did get over it, you should give it more time, and get your ass out there in the world and meet people, do you think you are the only one on this planet who has ever felt like this ????????

I am sorry but I have to say this, if you go back for the reasons you said then ........

you will NOT find what you are looking for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck, you WILL need it.

• Myxomatosis
    Myxomatosis

Plmkrzy,

I know you I haven't gotten to know you and haven't been on here long, but please please please don't go back hon!!! I know this sounds silly and naive, but you have a friend in Jesus, the good Sheperd, and He will not shun you as the Watch Tower will. I do beg you to read just this one book, it's not long, before you decide to go back to the Watch Tower, it is "The Sacred Romance" by Brent Curtis, it's breathtaking.

Plm: I've been here 2 years and posted over a year trying to be supportive of everyone but some things are even too obvious for even me to not see.

Myx: I am curious as to which things you are referring?

Plm: I don't want to live out my life with no friends at all so I'll choose the lesser of the evils.

I am going through some rough things right now and could use some friends.

Myx: I can relate to this. I've had the most dull life imaginable for about three years now. Maybe it would make you feel better if you knew how lame my life was :) I dunno. Anyways, if you want to talk to me, I am absolutely here for you, and I hope to do anything for you I can. my e-mail is [email protected] if you wanna talk one on one.

God bless,

Myxomatosis

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Plm: I don't think we' ve ever exchanged posts before, but please understand the actions you are taking. If a couple of posters are getting to you (and it happens to all of us), just ignore their posts. Even if their posts are directed towards you. At the end of the day, you are going to turn off your monitor and get on with your life.

This board can be wonderful and frustrating at the same time. We have so many different personalities here. Quiet, LOUD, bossy, meek, caring, uncaring, and people who don't give a sh*t what they say or who they hurt. (They usually don't last too long).

But, you know what? Every Kingdom hall has the same type of personalities. Please understand that if you leave this discussion board because a couple of people can come on too strong without perhaps realising it, where are you going to go when it happens at the Kingdom Hall? Make no mistake, you still will encounter the types of personalities you encounter at this board. But remember, it could be worse because you are encountering them in real life.

Not to mention all the manditory stuff like 5 meetings a week, service, theocratic ministry school talks, service meeting presentations, circuit assemblies with hours of mind numbing talks, district assemblies with days of mind numbing and ass numbing talks.

I realise you are angry and hurt. But, please think, are the posters who hurt you really worth changing your life over?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit