A Question for Those Who Believe in a Higher Power...

by Piph 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    can you just get Ashley Judd to love me as much as I love her?

Have you been listening to my prayers?! Damn, Ashley Judd is hot. I can't believe Wesley Crusher got to kiss her on an episode of Star Trek.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Responding to your ?

I pray similiar to any one of my nine grandchildren approaching me and making a request. I am willing to listen and give help. At times, the request they make, they themselves can do, all they need is some guidance. By helping them to use their 'own' thinking talents, they learn to think for themselves. I give them choices to solve a problem. We will experiment with the choices they make and teach them the positives and negatives of their choices. Do you find difficulty with that approach?

Guest 77

• cat1759
    cat1759

I do believe in a higher power.

My prayer is simple and easy.

My other prayers are deep and personal.

God of heavens

Goddess of earth

Send love,knowledge and happiness my way today.

So mote it be!

There are variations according to my needs that day.

Cathy

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

I have actually of late been pondeering this very question. With my son in the Marines boot camp and all that is going on in the world, I wish I knew how to address the creator/ higher power/ God. I also have wanted to express my appreciation for new found friends and ask that some one more powerful than I would look over them for me. I mean when a friend is hurting and I'm hundreds of miles away, who do I make suplications to on their behalf?

For the sake of simplicity, I have chosen refer to my percieved diety as my "heavenly father". Whether he is there, listening, cares, or does anything in response to my prayers, I will never know. I've had a"god" shoved down my throat and for years I prayed to him to no avail. In fact all I ever prayed for was taken from me and "his" chosen people proved to be dispicable liars.

I guess I would say that my prayers ar made in an attempt to console myself into thinking that there is help beyond my own power to protect and comfort those dear to me. So I will continue, not knowing to whom I pray nor the proper way.

Thunder

• Piph
    Piph

Wow...thank you so much for all your posts, everyone. (Funny ones and serious.)

Life's been really difficult for me lately and I have been silent for a while in the matter of prayer...but I really miss the feeling of closeness I once had with God. I don't necessarily like the feeling of referring to him as my father, nor exclusively a mother... I associate the name Jehovah too much with Jehovah's Witnesses and I want to try something different. One belief I took away from the Bible that I really like are the statements "God is love" + "man was made in God's image". Therefore I believe we, as humans, are love. I tried calling God "Love" for a while but it felt silly. But I believe God created within us each the capacity to find our own way and find the right way for each of us to live.

So I guess talking to myself could be a form of prayer, if I believed God is within me. I'm not sure exactly what I believe, but I miss the feeling of someone bigger than me taking care of me...I feel so lost and scared right now, and I don't know which way I'm going. Your responses are very much appreciated.

• integ
    integ

Try the kwan yin vow...

• integ
    integ

Dear Governing Body,

Thank you for dispensing my food at the proper time, and for helping me to keep my bodily members in control. Thank you for readjusting me in view to lusts and immoral thought's. Thank you for giving me new light through the pages of the magazine Jehovah God has personally penned...The Watchtower. I know you are more important than mere mortals, even though you all wear strap on dildos and dress in drag, and have vibrating butt-plugs inserted in your rectum's. I pray that you will continue to admonish me as to what is the proper way to live my life. Thank You, in the name of Ted Jaracz...AMEN.

• UpAndAtom
    UpAndAtom
    Life's been really difficult for me lately and I have been silent for a while in the matter of prayer...but I really miss the feeling of closeness I once had with God.

I've been a bit like that too lately, I start to pray, then I just kind of wander off and stop... oftening wonder what in the heck is the point... the real point of prayer. My relationship has changed with God, there's no doubt about it - I too am grappling with this issue. I feel weird not praying as I once did, however I also feel that I've grown up as a person and that maybe I don't need to pray as I once did. Maybe that's the point of prayer? - To help us grow up! Once we have grown up, perhaps we naturally move to a different type of communication with God... a *knowing* type. Instead of our communication being one-way, perhaps it starts to become two way? I'm not talking about hearing his booming voice... but rather you just become more sensitive to your surroundings... more compassionate. A certain kind of *knowing*... perhaps a certain kind that Jesus had?

I've heard the argument that Jesus was the man (physical body) that was inhabited by the Soul of Christ. That is, the Soul of Christ choose to be born into a body, that his parents just happened to name Jesus. As he got older, he never forgot (like so many of us do) who he really was. He was Chirst living inside a human body (much like a hermit crab inhabits an empty shell).

I often wonder what my soul is like.... the real me. Have I lived before as a different person before but have been blind to this from birth? When I die, will I discard this empty shell and have an opportunity to examine my real Soul? Or more correctly, when I die, will my Soul examine the life of UpAndAtom(me)?

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

When I left the dubs...or they left me via disfellowshipping....I knew immediately that disfellowshipping was a man-made thing....not of god....

From the borg I sensed a "banishment"...

From inside myself, I prayed....and felt an immediate connection with a higher power....someone who loved and cared about me. Someone who nurtured and comforted me in my deepest grief.

Remember, too....the elders ever so lovingly disfellowshipped me two weeks after the death of my mom.

I have discovered...(and I wasn't the first in this discovery"!!) I am a whole being with no need of an "external" god who judges me as "not good enough"....that is an unhealthy human thingy...the judgments....the condemnations....

I find that same healthy and loving "centre" anytime I choose now. When I meditate, I find that peaceful place....of calmness and a feeling of being nurtured and loved. I know that everything I need is inside of myself. Now I focus on living my life fully, instead of living in a "paralysis of fear" .....dread of displeasing some un-please-able external god.

ESTEE

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Homer Simpson prays,

Dear Lord, as I think of you, dressed in white, with your splendid beard, I am reminded of Colonel Sanders, who is now seated at your right hand, shoveling popcorn chicken into thy mouth. Lord, could you come up with a delicious new taste treat like he did? (claps twice) I command you!

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit