A Question for Those Who Believe in a Higher Power...

by Piph 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Piph
    Piph

...but not necessarily the Bible.

Do you pray? How? What do you call him/her? Do you have a 'formula'? What are your general beliefs about a Higher Power?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You must pray then, this way:

Our Pappa/Mummy/all powerful source of life, as the case may be, hallowed by thy name or definition or general character, if in fact You/It have what is commonly known as "character" and you wish to be "made set apart or holy, respected or honored greatly; revered". Thy Kingdom...er.... oh damn, this is silly, can you just get Ashley Judd to love me as much as I love her?

• Piph
    Piph

LOL Six

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

LOLOLOL!

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

LOL @ Six.

-

And the world shall tremble in the wake of the Blue Bubblegum
    Dutch District Overbeer

• Myxomatosis
    Myxomatosis

lol Six

Myx: fo shizzle

How?

Myx: errr,,,it's alot like talking, to an outside observer, talking to yourself

What do you call him/her?

Myx: Heavenly Father

Do you have a 'formula'?

Myx: heck no. That wouldn't interest a person of my small intelligence, I don't think it would keep the attention of a far greater intelligene. Although I do end prayer 'in Jesus' name'

What are your general beliefs about a Higher Power?

Myx: Instead of answering that, I would like to say that I had the most AWESOME TANGIBLE answer to prayer imaginable. And it had to do with a Jehovah's Witness. I won't say exactly what I prayed for, but I will say that Exactly what I prayed for came to be,,,and it was something completely outside my control (It had to do with the JW) which was utterly mind blowing. Especially considering the manner in which it came about. I'm being terribly vague aren't I? Oh well, THANK YOU JESUS!!!! I believe that G-d is more interested in many of us, than many of us are in Him. I'm fascinated by the more creative inventions of man, I think He's greatly interested in His creative product of the Human being. I won't bore you with more.

Myxomatosis

*and we all went to heaven in a little row boat
    there was nothing to fear, nothing to doubt*

• donkey
    donkey

Our lager,
    Which art in barrels,
    Hallowed be thy drink.

Thy will be drunk,
    (I will be drunk),
    At home as it is in the pub.

Give us this day our foamy head,
    And forgive us our spillages,
    As we forgive those who spill against us.

And lead us not to incarceration,
    But deliver us from hangovers.

For thine is The beer,
    The bitter and The lager.
    Barmen.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I believe in a Power greater than our own. I choose to name that Power, God. I also choose to believe that Power is kind, benevolent and loving. When I talk to him, I rarely use his name, or speak out loud. But I do open myself and share my fears, concerns, hopes and dreams. Oftentimes I simply share a feeling, and I choose to believe I get a feeling in return, an answer if you will.

I think the question of God is one that no one can definitively prove or disprove. Either way his existence is a choice, and that choice is part of what defines who we are. I mean that in neither a good or bad way. Just a simple statement of fact.

Peace,

Chris

• Robdar
    Robdar

Do you pray? How? What do you call him/her? Do you have a 'formula'? What are your general beliefs about a Higher Power?

I have recently started calling the entity Allah or God. I find much peace in Allah who is both male and female as well as all that is, was or will ever be. Here is a quote regarding Sufism, the mystical aspect of Islam:

the essence of Sufi practice is quite simple. It is that the Sufi surrenders to God, in love, over and over; which involves embracing with love at each moment the content of one's consciousness (one's perceptions, thoughts, and feelings, as well as one's sense of self) as gifts of God or, more precisely, as manifestations of God

If you would like to know more: http://www.uga.edu/islam/Sufism.html

Robyn

• smurfette
    smurfette

Father, Son and Holy Ghost

He who eats the fastest

Gets the most

Amen!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit