Jehovah’s Witnesses—the Most Boring People On Earth!

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Honestly, it has to be extremely boring to be a Witness. When I’ve watched the videos showing judicial meetings and how the elders talk in slow exaggerated motion, it’s really embarrassing!

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

They are starting their zoom assembly this weekend, I really feel sorry for the children that are forced to dress up for this torture. Borders on child abuse.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I remember remarking to an Elder about 25 years or more ago, that at any one meeting 25% of the potential attendees were missing, not always the same people, but the same percentage.

He replied " Yes, that is because the Meetings are SO boring".

They were, in the main, even back then, now they must be so bad that if I sat through one, my brain would melt and run out of my ears.

They must be finding it well nigh impossible in the affluent World at least, to make a convert from the Public. If people are not engaged by something, they move on to something they do find interesting.

• zachias
    zachias
    • Perhaps we are interesting by the experience of the work we do,
    • the hobbies we do,
    • the skills we use for whatever creative purpose
    • or is it the words we use from all the books we read.
    • May be we can have an input from some charitable work we do.

Maybe from the passion we have for life. hmm

• waton
    waton
    impossible in the affluent World at least, to make a convert

Ph, precisely. particularly now, , when wt has standardized the "presentations" at the doors, now the telephones. never an intelligent question from the "householder" scheduled. and wt statistics shows that every habitant of the world gets 10 minutes of such boring exposure per year.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Honestly, it has to be extremely boring to be a Witness.

I tend to agree. Especially so if Witnesses are actually living according to all the tenets of the Watchtower, which most don't. Most Witnesses secretly do things that are frowned on, but aren't necessarily disfellowshipping offenses (i.e. tv and movies with violence and other frowned upon content).

Here is what gets me - Do Witnesses not realize that life in the Watchtower's Paradise will be worse than life now?

• Watching inappropriate tv/movies or going to websites with unchristian content? No problem! They will no longer exist.
    • Watching violent and competitive professional sports? No problem! They will no longer exist.
    • Secretly wearing tight pants? No problem they will no longer be made.
    • Listening to inappropriate music? No problem. Recorded music is history!
    • No electricity. No running water. No sewage treatment.

Just a wonderful life of hard labor, petting panda bears, and a steady diet of raw fruits and vegetables...for eternity!

If you are suffering from anxiety in life over a lack of sense pleasure, boy, just wait until the New System!

As a wise man once said - If you cannot find happiness now, heaven won't help. You'll just suffer for eternity in heaven.

• minimus
    minimus

Truth, you make the paradise sound soooooo soooooo boring.🤭

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

All cults are famous for being boring. And soooo repetitive! Watchtower is typical in that regard.

Frankly it's one reason, not often talked about, that they fail to attract youngsters to the religion.

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxL9zFWqYA4

Listening to another assembly is more boring than listening to someone read the encyclopedia . Totally worthless , not to mention you can never get that time back.

• minimus
    minimus

Woke: hysterical!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit