8/8/03 Another Foolish, Waste of Paper Awake!

by metatron 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

This is just another series of articles of many over the past few years which a problem is presented (first article); some facts are mentioned and the seriousness of the problem (second article) and the solution--God's kingdom. (third article)

This is a formula they have been using for any problem that the world is experiencing now.

• Maverick
    Maverick

I was thinking about the paper aspect of this tread. I never suffered at Bethel but did work for two large Metro newspapers as an artist. The St Pete Times in Florida, the states largest and the LA Herald, now history. They used these big web-fed presses that look like locomotives standing three stories high and city blocks long! Web fed presses require a high grade paper with a specific tensile strenght, recycled paper will not work. Also the rolls were about 50" high and weighed in about around 1500lbs. Each roll, if layed on its side and unrolled, would travel 5 miles before the core was reached. Back in the 1980's when our circulation was about 300,000 per issue we used 350-400 rolls a night. Now newspapers are larger and each copy uses more paper than an Awake does but when you talk about millions of copies...that is a lot of high grade paper! Maverick

• Mary
    Mary

Now I know I'm gonna get slaughtered for this, but it does seem that the weather is totally whacked any more; especially over the last 10 years. 25 years ago here in Southern Ontario, we generally had nice Spring weather come April and rarely, if ever, got snow before December. Over the last few years the weather is completely bizarre. We now get snow every single April and last Fall, it was hotter than hell the first week in October, but by the third week it was freezing cold and it never warmed up until the last week in June for god's sake. It then turned boiling hot for about three weeks, so that you could barely breath; then it turned cold again, then hot................I mean what the hell is going on?

I've heard the papers say it's El Nino, Global Warming, or we're headed back to another Ice Age...........

Is it just me, or does anyone else think the weather is screwed up anymore than what it used to be?

• cat1759
    cat1759

Do any of you remember back in the day that if you read the Watchtower and Awake that by the time you reach 18 you will have a better education than what the school system can give you?

Just wondering if anyone remembers?

Cathy

• Maverick
    Maverick

Mary, it would appear that the weather has changed and is getting "worse" or more unstable, but you must remember that scientists have been studying weather for only a very short time. Less than 50 years with any kind of "modern" satellite equipment and computers. It would take several thousand years worth of data to establish any kind of honest baseline for establishing what may be termed "normal". We can only guess at the trends in global weather rhythms. We take some much to granted and forget that most of the weather information we can look at anytime would have seemed impossible 100 years ago! Maverick

• Maverick
    Maverick

Sorry double post M.

• waiting
    waiting

Awake: Average printing 22,755,000 twice a month. 8/8/03

Watchtower: Average printing 25,203,000 twice a month 8/8/03

Met's already put a thread up (he's so diligent) - about the contents of this Watchtower - A young man in various activities and the caption "How Would You Like to Be Remembered?"

Sooooooooo, the Watchtower is talking death to young people......and the Awake is talking about horrible world weather conditions that no one can control - saying it's gonna get worse & worse.

Death & Wait til' Jehovah kills 6 billion people - and it's getting worse. Printed 47,958,000 times a month.....575,496,000 times a year.

Negative Thinking at it's worst - that's the WTBTS and Jehovah's Witnesses

edited to add - that's the total number of magazines. Multiply this by the 1000 for the amount of times this is heard at the KH - 5 hours a week, in homes, service, assemblies, in other publications. And repeated incessently within the same magazines.

No wonder JW's *tend* to be pessimistic & depressed.

"Get out of her, my people!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit