What Made You Leave The "Truth"? Was It False Prophecy, People, Blood, etc.

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Now, it's over a month since I've been to a meeting. I truly HATED the bookstudy. That's the worst JW propaganda regularly fed to Witnesses. Leaving is a lot easier when your immediate family begins feeling the same way.

• cat1759
    cat1759

I left because I have long hair and it always needed washing on thursday night. There was no time except meeting time to get things together.

I left because of what happened to my son. Someone had to fight for his rights and if wasn't going to be the elders it had to be me. I went against all the counsel that was given. I took her to court, i put my son in therapy.

Cathy

• minimus
    minimus

Cathy, what are you talking about?

• cat1759
    cat1759

Minimus,

Leaving because my son was molested. I had never questioned anything up to that point. After my son was molested the judicial committe ensued and they refused to allow me in the backroom with my then four year old son. When I told them that only on the basis that my son was not sitting next to the person who did this, they could proceed.

My ex came out after walking my son to the backroom and told me they sat him right next to her. I ran back there opened that door and pulled him out, to be told that I had no faith and they were going to have to take action against me. She was prosecuted in court and recieved two years counseling and probation and continued in the organization.

I had never questioned the blood, false prophecy, sex. I always waited on Jehovah as that was what I was taught. When I had asked questions that could not be answered by elders I was told to have faith and wait on Jehovah.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Cathy,

This sounds a tale from hell, alright! Terrible. Are you able to expand on what you've written? For example, were you prevented from attending a JC at which your 4 y.o. was a witness? Who was the perpetrator?

Sorry, Min, I don't mean to take this off-topic.

Cheers, Ozzie

• minimus
    minimus

Oz, good questions.....Sorry, Cathy to hear about your pain.

• cat1759
    cat1759

The Story was posted on a couple of websites back in 1996.

I was not allowed in the backroom. They wanted to take away his security blanket, Me.

It has now been 17yrs and we are doing good.

Although dealing with the gay issue was painful as the only thought I had when he told me was "You are never going to give me grandchildren". How sad am I?

If I can find the story I will post it for you.

Kim from AP Press was going to do his story but then all hell started breaking loose and it never got posted.

Cathy

• Black Man
    Black Man

It isn't just one thing, I will say the the GENERATION change made me stand up and look/doubt for the first time...........

• hooberus
    hooberus

To our african-american posters: Do you think that if you were shown old racial statements in Watchtowers that this would cause serious questions for you?

• sxybrwneyes
    sxybrwneyes

It was little things over the years that made me finally leave. For one a JW brother tried to rape me and when I told the elders they did absolutely nothing. They went to talk to him and he lied and basically it was his word against mine. His mom was a regular pioneer and his dad an elder. His family made me out to be a big slut and from that day on none of his family would ever speak to me again. I would see them at assemblys and get togethers and they totally shunned me. They were totally hateful, and yet acted like the most loving, righteous family at the meetings. It made me sick!!

I also saw alot of other injustices like people being disfellowship when they shouldn't, when they were truly sorry for their actions, and people that perhaps should have been disfellowshipped and werent because they were with the In JW crowd, and even if the elders were wrong in disfellowwhipping someone it didn't matter, that person was "dead" to every other JW and not in Jahs favor. I never agreed with the whole disfellowshipping thing. I never thought it was loving to shun someone just because they made a mistake.

And I always wondered what is so wrong with saying "happy birthday" to someone. It doesn't mean you are worshipping the person. And they tell you that having birthday cake and giving presents is a pagan practice. Well, why do they allow wedding cake at weddings and wedding rings because those also have pagan roots. It doesn't make any sense. I asked an elder about that and he didn't have an answer. he told me to write to the society and ask them. I never did but I would like to see what their answer is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit