What Made You Leave The "Truth"? Was It False Prophecy, People, Blood, etc.

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

I just didn't believe in it, found it boring, redundant, and made little sense, but the biggie was the double standards of SO MANY PEOPLE.

After I left, I was managing a nightclub, and some JW's would come in, and after watching and listening to them, I vowed I would never go back.

In a way I wish I would of hung around a little bit longer (can't believe I'm saying that).

Had I been at the assembly / meeting / watchtower study when they came out with "new light" on the generation will not pass away idea, (1995) I swear I would of lost it.

Even after I left, That was the only idea that I really believed in, I thought it was brillant. But lo and behold, they were wrong AGAIN.

• minimus
    minimus

BIG TEX, Whoever said that needs me to give "em a Big Spankin' (unless your wife said it)......

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    However, take all this with a grain of salt. In the past couple of days I've discovered that I'm not only thin skinned but I also use highly emotive language and I am completely unbalanced in my viewpoint

LOL. Not quite, BT. Thin skinned? LOL

As for me, I left because of what I saw; hordes of unhappy people, all saying they were the happiest on earth. I knew the inside and out of the seediest of the seedy, the people who continually broke the rules and got away with it because of connections, etc. Just like big business. Once I made the connection between American Big Business and the Watchtower, all of the doctrinal changes and emotional stuff just came falling into place.

• dmouse
    dmouse

The unscriptural and downright ludicrous belief that we are living in the time of the end.

It became so obvious, the more research I did, that the so called 'signs' of the end times are not being fulfilled more now than they were in the past - quite the reverse actually.

A case of trying to twist what little evidence they could find into a pre-determined mould.

• alamb
    alamb

To be honest, it started with my children and I being treated poorly by the local elders and the injustice I saw once I was on the other side of a judicial committee. That caused me to question doctrine and the 607 thing unravelled 31 years of "kingdom service" in about 20 minutes. I never set foot in a hall again. The day before I would have sworn nothing would shake my faith and I would have considered the idea of quitting ludricous. Life is strange.

• minimus
    minimus

I think a lot of people do not think we're REALLY living in the "last days". Yet, they don't leave. Usually, something has to personally impact them for a decision to be made to get out.

• acsot
    acsot

Doctrinally, various odd, kind of silly little things, such as those supposed prophecies pointing to the Cedar Point district conventions (were they only in Cedar Point or other places as well?) – Jehober ain’t good at basic arithmetic because the timing of the conventions didn’t match the prophecies (was one of them something about 1,280 days?)

Also, some dinosaurs did obviously eat meat, so how could they be vegetarians as per the WTS? T his may date me somewhat, but the literature used to indicate that all humans and animals were supposed to be vegetarians before the flood (O haven't seen stuff like that lately in the publications).

Along the same line, cats’ digestive systems – they have to eat meat in order to properly assimilate protein – so why did Jehober suddenly decide to tinker with felines’ stomachs and make them carnivores but not do so with antelopes or elephants? And all because humans sinned? I mean, what the F---? Where’s the connection in all that? Totally illogical.

What pushed me over the edge though was the lack of love, hypocrisy, double standards, etc. Whatever good and charitable acts certain individuals were accomplishing seemed to be in spite of the WTS, not because of it.

• Dawn
    Dawn

Sex with my boyfriend .

I didn't start to learn the truth about the "truth" until years later. But I did later marry that boyfriend - we've been together for almost 14 years and have 2 beautiful children so I guess it was a pretty good trade

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The thing that made me want out was the realization that the WTS was responsible for an incredible amount of my unhappiness.

• minimus
    minimus

"Committing fornication" is one sure way to get you to leave in a hurry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit