Kobe charged ! so sad !, will JW's use him as an example for their young ?

by run dont walk 56 Replies latest jw friends

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

One of the things I HATED the most coming out of my parents mouth's and from the platform was..................

anytime something went wrong in the world with an individual, they would use them as example over and over and over again.

The most common one I heard was Brother A got into big trouble with __________ (insert problem here, pick any one), see this is what happens when you leave the organization.

So how many JW's will be saying ............

"did you hear what happened to Kobe, big successful athlete, see he didn't have God's organization and Satan got him."

I wonder how many JW parents especially in the LA area will make their kids stop wearing number 8. He did and admit to committing adultrey. Sexual Assault, I don't think so. I am sure he will be found innocent of this charge.

I am not a huge basketball fan, but I have always liked and respected him. Hey Michael Jordan had his problems too, so don't be too hard on him.

He is really just a man and is human, and with money and position come so many propositions. I don't know if any of us men could handle it.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    He is really just a man and is human

Uh-huh. If a woman did that she'd be labeled a slut. Sorry, I don't have any sympathy for a grown man who can't keep his priorities straight -- or his pants on. I'll agree with you about the sexual assault charge, though -- that sounds like a set-up.

Nina (of the Married Woman class)

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Ditto cruzanheart. Had he not cheated, none of this would've happened. And if he felt like he could not resist the temptation to cheat, he never should've gotten married.

• pamkw
    pamkw

Of course they will. The org never misses a chance to point out how bad worldly people are. After all mistakes are not allowed. Or like it was in my family, you don't make a mistake you did wrong on purpose because you are bad. It is sad that jw are never shown the good things people outside the org do.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

hey cruz and stinky

I AM NOT defending him, what he did was WRONG !!!!!!!!!! and I'm sure it wasn't the first time, but this time he got CAUGHT.

I don't have any sympathy for a grown man who can't keep his priorities straight

I TOTALLY AGREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

well said too stinky

I was trying to focus more on JW's using this with there younger ones.

• LDH
    LDH

Kobe who??!?!?!?

This is about how important he is to me.

One thing that disgusts me, is grown people saying, "I made a mistake." BULLSH!T Whad you made was a bad decision.

I could care less. He knew better.

Lisa

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

Yea, the lesson he learned is not specific to athletes. Don't have sex with people you aren't confident in. You can't avoid the risk involved with sex no matter who your partner is, but he was reckless with her. Either way, I hope Kobe learns from this experience and moves on with his life afterward.

• Nickey
    Nickey

I don't know what to say about his wife. She's stated that she's "standing by her husband." I don't know if I could do all that!

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Wow, I've been out of the borg a long time. What JW's would think of the situation was the LAST thing on my mind. Who cares what they think? My bet is the rank and file don't even know who he is.

And, please. A "set up?" I don't think anyone here knows the facts. I really have to wonder how people who don't know this woman, don't know this man, for that matter, can draw conclusions based on pop culture perceptions of his "image." OMG, I couldn't believe I heard an NBC anchor tonight talk about "what was she doing up in his room anyway"? Right, she must be a slut. She got what she deserved.

As a matter of fact, it DOES sound just like the JW's to me.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Without a doubt the WTS and people from the stage will use this situation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit