Russia=King of the North, USA=King of the South? New info coming in from Annual Meeting 2018

by Jules Saturn 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tiki
    tiki

Ishmael vs Isaac....Islam vs "Christianity".....simple. Who rules over the oil...the hidden riches...

But watch out for Germany and neo nazisim......

Russia...that's old light.

• NikL
    NikL

Is there any proof that it was announced that Russia is the "king of the North" as stated by the OP?

I haven't heard it anywhere else.

Growing up in the 70s it was the USSR which we Americans called Russia. So it would be a return to a previously held view.

(sigh) Cult... cult...CULT!

• deegee
    deegee
    Ishmael vs Isaac....Islam vs "Christianity".....simple. Who rules over the oil...the hidden riches...
    But watch out for Germany and neo nazisim....tiki

Is this what Daniel was really prophesying about, Islam vs Christianity and neo-nazism? This is just another reinterpretation of a failed Bible prophecy.

BTW, Germany is also old light for the JWs.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

Russia is not old Russia now to fit JW interpretation of imaginary "North King" of Daniel prophecy. Russia has in its arsenal dreaded things such as EMP, Poseidon, and S-400 air and missile defense system which make it virtually invincible, hence can't be applied to "North King" with an ill-fated move towards the "South King."

By making Russia the "North" King, it is JW interpretation that is going to have a crash-landing.

• stillin
    stillin

Well, I guess that leaves the whole Southern Hemisphere out of the equation. And most of the northern hemisphere, too!

• deegee
    deegee

Some of the comments indicate that this is not the first time that the WT has named Russia. But as far as I know this is the first time that the WT has named Russia. Previously they claimed it was the Soviet Union (USSR) which I suppose posters are equating with Russia. But the Soviet Union (USSR) and Russia are separate entities. The Soviet Union (USSR) consisted of about 15 states and it no longer exists. It just so happens that Russia was one of those 15 states.

Russia is not the Soviet Union (USSR), there were 14 other countries in addition to Russia which were a part of it.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Rubbish doctrine.

Sect.

G.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

King of the north was the Seleucid empire and the south was the Ptolemaic empire sorry to reign on the Borgs parade. Ha no I’m not!!!

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

The chart below is from Daniel's Prophecy (1999), p. 284.

According to Watchtower the identity of the Kings of the N and S keep changing. Figuring out who the Kings are is a guessing game.

Deegee's post on the previous page shows that the Soviet bloc (USSR) was supposed to last until Armageddon, but Watchtower was clearly wrong about that.

The footnote below in the chart below says, "Their identities become known only after the events start to occur," but even given the luxury of waiting until events start to occur to figure them out Watchtower still gets it wrong, despite the "Bible based insight" that the Watchtower organization claims to have. (see quote box below the chart)

(Daniel's Prophecy, p280-281, par 21) (I couldn't get the quote box to work here so I simply used quotation marks below.)

"21 With the disbanding of the Soviet Union in December 1991, the king of the north suffered a serious setback. Who will be this king when Daniel 11:44, 45 is fulfilled? Will he be identified with on of the countries that were part of the former Soviet Union? Or will he change identity completely, as he has done a number of times before? Will the development of nuclear weapons by additional nations result in a new arms race and have a bearing on the identity of that king? Only time will provide answers to these questions. We are wise not to speculate. When the king of the north embarks on his final campaign, the fulfillment of prophecy will be clearly discerened by all who have Bible-based insight."

- "We are wise not to speculate."

Of course Watchtower never stops speculating even when it claims not to be doing so.

- "When the king of the north embarks on his final campaign, the fulfillment of prophecy will be clearly discerened..."

By identifying the king of the north as Russia, Watchtower is saying the K of the N is now on his final campaign. Wow, Armageddon must be really close now. As always!

- "...by all who have Bible-based insight." (continuing the above quote)

The problem is, after all the wrong understandings, not only of who the Kings of the N and S are, but on so many other things Watchtower has taught, who can believe anything they say now?

• former2free
    former2free

I remember all the speculation on this subject and I remember that finally they just didn’t know and that we were just to wait. It really doesn’t surprise me that they are doing this now especially after the convention this year and the fear mongering that went on there. To top it off with this they’re tightening their grip to keep the indoctrinated ones in and to try and get the fringe ones back in. And then this will pass nothing will happen again and many more will wake up. It’s really pathetic when you think about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit