Ran into two JW's in service today, I was on !!!, it was classic !!!

by run dont walk 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Ron1968
    Ron1968

I loved it!!! I wish you had it on video tape. I would buy it for a good price.

Ron

• smurfette
    smurfette

Wicked Awesome!

How often do they actually try to un-place the magazines! My husband came in the room to see what I was laughing at and he thought it was awesome too. His only contact w/ them has been through my Ma & the series of elders who stalked us for about 2 years. Wish we'd have thought of something this clever. Thought you were a little hard on the ladies over the caddilac but none the less GOOD JOB!

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

WooHoo!!! I'm prouda yew...walk-dont-run!!!

Well done!!!... Masterful even!!!

ESTEE

• amac
    amac
    amac you can take me to task any time or pm me

LOL! Take you to task over what?!?!? You didn't say anything?!?! You're entire argument consisted of saying i'm "screwed up." Quite the intellectual there, aren't ya Johnny.

In case you haven't figured it out, there is no right or wrong answer here, just different opinions. Obviously some people think it is OK to be rude and insulting. I don't and I find it to be a miserable testament to a person's character. You lot obviously have no problem with it, which tells me a lot. So don't expect an invite for dinner anytime soon.

• anglise
    anglise

RDW

well done. These 2 JW ladies approached you. They opened the way for whatever you said.

The JW's are willingly to die for their beliefs (ie Blood issue) by presenting themselves on the DTD work they also choose to live for them. So be it.

Dont forget that scripturally they should "Always be ready to make a defense".

I know. I was one for 20 years through adult choice until I found out the real truth about them.

Anglise

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

I like these threads. The story was like a fantasy that many of us here wish had happened to them and for a magical moment they are able to live that fantasy vicariously because of a short, well-written description of what happened. Now amac (primarily) points out that those of us who are reveling in the fantasy should re-think:

I'm sorry, but your comments were downright rude and this thread is pitiful. Not only is it a crime to be a JW but also to drive a Cadillac Escalade!?!?! ..[edited].. Being misled and ignorant is different than lying intentionally. Nice way to insult someone though..[edited]..I can't believe you people have so much bitterness that you would rejoice over the insults thrown at someone that you were no doubt very much like not too long ago. How HYPOCRITICAL!

Well, "the unexamined life/belief is not worth living/believing," and amac's opinion seems to have moved a lot of people to start examining, if only to defend themselves. I'm not just playing on the middle ground here, although I believe that both detractors and protractors have made good, valid points. Personally, I revel in the diversity of styles. I love the fact that amac spoke up, too. (Not always easy when one senses a crowd.) I also loved the story because it reflects a style that I rarely use myself, and I'm sometimes jealous. I don't think it's wrong,as amac has expressed, but I agree that in most circumstances, you can get a lot further with love, empathy, sympathy and sensitivity.

Gamaliel

• Room 215
    Room 215

Amac, integ.. permit me one last word on this most interesting thread: if you think that JWs don't lie with regularity while going door to door, just ask yourself how you as a JW would respond when a householder would ask: `are you here to convert me?" or ``do you really believe only JWs will make it into God's Kingdom?" Admittedly, many if not most JWs are honest, nice, even fine people; but they've been conned into lying for their Brooklyn masters. We ALL know what they really teach about the fate of ``worldlings," don't we?

If these two sisters have any anger, it should be directed against the organization that allowed them to be ``blind-sided" by a member of the public in possession of the facts which their leaders have either withheld or intimidatedly them from exploring. It also shows how much the JWs depend on the public's ignorance of both sides for any chance of success.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

cat1759, I read your comments and appreciate your point of view. I also read your experience on your profile and understand better the kind of person you are. Your love for your son, hopes for your mother, your special love for your father, and even for the elders who were just doing their job, comes through very clearly. Obviously, you also appreciate how Ray Franz' personality came through in his books and has provided direct evidence for the more powerful effects of love in reaching people. I know that if my own parents came on this site, and somehow picked up on this thread in particular, that it could be taken as evidence of a mean spirit in exJWs. I would be embarrassed for exJWs and for the fact that there is plenty more where that came from. But in the same spirit that I wouldn't harshly judge the JWs, I wouldn't harshly judge the motivations for the story and the reactions, either. People react in a variety of ways, JWs are told to expect such reactions, and much worse. Who's to say that some JWs won't be helped to wake up by this reaction? Who's to say that some JWs who visit this site won't wake up while wondering about their own reaction to this experience? Who's to say that some of us didn't finally get out because we had had several of these negative experiences still hidden in our subconscious when someone said something or something else happened that finally became a catalyst with those experiences? People have a right to react in their own way to the hurt and pain and trauma inflicted on them by the JWs. Just because you and I wouldn't react that way doesn't mean it's not valid for someone else. Was it misdirected? We don't know. I'll give an example: What if the Red Crux came around door-to-door to collect donations and gave out a glossy brochure in exchange for the donations. But you used to work for the Red Crux and they fired you because you found evidence that 45% all the money went to a terrorist organization, but the people collecting only knew about the 55% used for all kinds of wonderful things. How would you use a rare 20 second opportunity to talk to the collectors. You might try to reason with them, but they only know about the 55%, and your past experience tells you that they tune you out when you begin to reason with them. You also know that you can't get much across in 20 seconds. If you were to say I'll donate and use your brochure to see if I can use it for a website that exposes the 45% you don't know about -- then you may have just done them a world of good. They have to wonder why?, what's the proof?, how could a wonderful positive little brochure like ours help out a cause that hurts the Red Crux? If the situation were true, would it be right to point out that those collectors are part of the problem? Or to point out that there is a lot of hypocrisy inherent in an organization that is hiding so much yet puts out a 55% brochure. Might you also be inclined to grasp at any straws of evidence that shows that hypocrisy is rampant in the organization. What if you saw a bumper sticker on their SUV put on by the Red Crux and they had never noticed the fine print which showed the symbol of the terrorists organization. That last part was a stretch, I know, but we don't know how much hypocrisy "run don't walk" sees in the symbolism of an expensive SUV among a group of people who may have told him that you can never defend such ostentatious, conspicuous consumption unless you are also defending Satan's terrorist organization -- this world.

I can't believe you people have so much bitterness that you would rejoice over the insults thrown at someone that you were no doubt very much like not too long ago. How HYPOCRITICAL!

Not necessarily. What if we wish to God that someone HAD insulted us like that. This was not a general insult, but very pointed. We might especially appreciate it if we were like that not too long ago. I know of some exJWs who found their way out of the JWs because someone pointed in the direction of "apostate" literature and they were sure it could be debunked.

People will choose to deal with their pain in their own way and time and they don't need the extra labeling from such placating, judgemental opinions.

As you said (the above) about your mother, we could possibly also say about run don't walk.

This person took back some of their power by standing up and doing what they did. They are able to heal inside and if you can't see this it is ok. It was their choice to say what they did. It doesn't make it good or bad, it is just what is.

I agree with that for all parties concerned. Gamaliel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit