Ran into two JW's in service today, I was on !!!, it was classic !!!

by run dont walk 67 Replies latest jw friends

• amac
    amac

Hello integ -

the pompasity of the average witness that anybody who does'nt accept their "gift" of a free Bible study is deemed to be a lesser human

I don't know that the average witness is pompous. I know I never looked at other people as lesser humans. I naturally thought I was right and they were wrong, but I still think that about things today and refrain from thinking others are less human just because I think they are wrong. Many of the JWs I know are not pompous as well. Many are, but I certainly don't see any reason to say that the average JW is pompous and deserves a verbal slashing.

My Mother goes out in service every day, and I'd hate to think she would be getting lambasted all the time,

Likewise! I'm glad my mother doesn't drive a Cadillac Escalade or else I would be even more upset about this persons insulting reaction to the JWs.

But I'm sure the satisfaction of being able to "strike back" at the Org in this instance feels good, and is understandable.

Agreed, if only he was striking back at the ORGANIZATION AND THOSE WHO LEAD IT. Instead he struck back against two, very likely, well intentioned women who he knows nothing about and everyone else on the thread cheered him on. Despicable!

• willyloman
    willyloman

Anybody else remember that WT study article about 15 years ago? It held up as an example to follow a German brother who inherited wealth. But he chose to rent a modest apartment, spent his substantial leisure time pioneering, and drove a Volkswagen instead of a much more expensive German car. This created quite a buzz in some congregations where the parking lot had more than its share of Mercedes Benz automobiles (all with four doors, of course). It's this kind of hypocrisy that's being condemned here, the disconnect between what we say/what we do.

As usual, we JWs don't pay enough attention to the really important stuff that appears in the Watchtower, but we pay way too much attention to all the speculative prophetic interpretations that help us stand out from the rest of the world. I thought Jesus said it would be the unique love amongst us that would get the world's attention. But, no, it's been decided that we must be recognized for our bizarre teachings and interpretations. And we are.

• cbew
    cbew

Good for you. Wish I could have been there to see the expressions on their faces. And oh bye the way did you remember to count your time on this RV? Ha ha just kidding. What a relief not to have to do that anymore. Since leaving myself I have made it a personal goal to speak to as many JW's that come to my door or encounter on the street as much as possible. Remember these br. and sis. are just as much victims as we once were. I have produced a good "tract" that I show them that provokes an immediate response. I included a picture of the May 15, 1984 Wat about the "generation" that will not pass away. Remember that Wat with a picture of elderly people on it with the caption "1914 - The generation that will not pass away ". They wish they never printed that article. Anyways showing that to them does make them think. I have already talked to 2 br. and 1 sis. and already one was very shocked and surprised. Hopefully this leads her to question more. Anyways if anyone wants a copy of this "tract" feel free to email me at [email protected] and include in the subject line "Witnessing to JW tract"

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    I'm sorry, but your comments were downright rude and this thread is pitiful. Not only is it a crime to be a JW but also to drive a Cadillac Escalade!?!?! Give me a break! So does that mean that there are no SUV owners or luxury car owners on this thread?

Rude yes, if they have the right to come in my neighborhood and poison it with their bs literature, I have the right to stand up to them. If they have the right to ruin my family and tell them not to associate or speak to me, then I have the right to fight back anyway I choose. These people have NO right to be knocking on peoples doors since none of them are QUALIFIED to talk about the bible, and very few even know what they believe in or are talking about, and even fewer know much about their OWN HISTORY, and the contradictions. I remember as a young person I bought a Camaro, the flack I took from the elders about this, it was used, older model, and how dare I. I thought JW's were supposed to be simple, since Armageddon is soon why try to store up treasures on this earth. One thing that really bugged me when I went to the Kingdom Hall was .......... our kingdom Hall had about 60 parking spaces in the rear of the building. it was a triple entry way so cars could park out front IF the lot was full (you could park about 6 in front in a single line). Well every single meeting the same thing, Brother A with his porsche, Brother B with his jaguar, Brother C with his Yukon, Brother D will his emacullate 1960's GTO (told me once he invested over $30,000), Brother E with his Corvette. And these were the same people giving me counsel. I said to my mom once how does that look for people driving by who know nothing about the JW's, what impresssion does it leave. When I saw them get out of the escalade, that's the first thing I thought of. Yeah there are lots of luxury owners on this thread, BUT WE'RE NOT JW'S ARE WE !!!

I say donations must be good if you are driving a Cadillac Escalade (what are they $60,000 - $70,000).

As Bradley pointed out, and no doubt everyone on this thread realizes, being a JW and/or the donations have nothing to do with what this lady drives. On one hand, the majority on this DB fault JWs for being dumb window washers, and on the other hand, fault them for having a lot of money.

True, but the way you present yourself tells alot about you before you open your mouth.

How can you lie to people and sleep at night,

Do you really think that the average JW is knowingly LYING to people? When you were a JW (if you were) were you LYING to people or were you misled into thinking you had the truth. Being misled and ignorant is different than lying intentionally. Nice way to insult someone though.

Then maybe they should study, their material more closely and prepare themselves better before walking out into the world (they hate so much) to discuss their literature and trying to convert people.

It was just one of those days when I opened my mouth, all the right things came out !!!!!!!!!

Yeah, all the right things if you like to be rude to people you don't know. In addition, you probably strengthened their belief of how evil apostates are by being so rude to them. Instead of helping them, you have strengthened their false generalizations

. If you cannot take a little criticism in life, then you shouldn't be doing this, why did they get into their vehicle and leave, instead of just starting on their territory and moving on to the next house.

I can't believe you people have so much bitterness that you would rejoice over the insults thrown at someone that you were no doubt very much like not too long ago. How HYPOCRITICAL!

Well, if you lost your entire family and nephews/nieces to this crap, and were shunned and treated like you don't exist, these are the people that gave birth to me, and because I have my mind of my own, it is okay for them to treat me like I was never born. Bitterness is an understatement !!!!!! If the Watchtower has the right to RUIN LIVES AND FAMILIES, then I have the right to FIGHT BACK anyway I choose !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously, you BELONG at the Kingdom Hall, so you better get back quick, because Armageddon is coming SSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOONNNNN !!!!!!

• Room 215
    Room 215

With all due respect amac, I don't understand your sensivity toward these two JWs... they're out there operating under the delusion that they've got the only message that can save people's lives, have chosen to ``go on the offensive," in effect throwing down the gauntlet to the public and therefore should be well prepared to defend their faith. They chose the terms of the confrontation, didn't they? From what I read, there was nothing personal or disrespectful about the questions put to them, just hard questions based on the unpleasant realities of media discloures of which their leaders have striven to keeo them ignorant. They deserve a hefty dose of cold water thrown in their supremely smug faces!

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    I don't know that the average witness is pompous. I know I never looked at other people as lesser humans.

Neither have I, but it's okay for the JW's to look down at everyone who is not a JW.

My Mother goes out in service every day, and I'd hate to think she would be getting lambasted all the time,

Likewise! I'm glad my mother doesn't drive a Cadillac Escalade or else I would be even more upset about this persons insulting reaction to the JWs.

As I said the way you present yourself to the public is very important !!!

But I'm sure the satisfaction of being able to "strike back" at the Org in this instance feels good, and is understandable.

Agreed, if only he was striking back at the ORGANIZATION AND THOSE WHO LEAD IT. Instead he struck back against two, very likely, well intentioned women who he knows nothing about and everyone else on the thread cheered him on. Despicable!

Are not the 6,000,000 members all part of the Organization, if those two enter my neighborhood defending and standing up for the Organization. Then that's who I am striking back at. I didn't realize that these two had their OWN little class. I am sorry next time I will ask them what organization they are talking for.

What a STUPID statement, shows the mentality.

Despicable!

Yes you are !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BACK TO THE KINGDOM HALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

thanks Room 215

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Run Don't Walk: maybe we should change your name to: Don't Move

I think your response was appropriate, and there's no need to be apologetic whatsoever.

Are some of you whom are a bit sensitive about this thread and Run Don't Walk's post, still WTS apologists? Probably not, but RDW stated his case.

We know full well what life in the JWs is all about.

There is no love lost. I received an e-mail from a man today, about his children shunning him and how much it hurts him.

Anyways, RDW, good on you. This is mild compared to what I have heard/read about on here and other forums.

The more I read here, the more that I feel confident when approached by practicing JWs regarding their 'latest literature' etc. - if I can get them to think, if begrudgingly, then I'll be glad.

We all have different ways of approaching the situation: some would handle it differently. RDW handled it the way they felt best. Considering the loss of family members/friends, I can hardly say that he would take the JW drive-by kindly.

Thanks for sharing RDW. Excellent post!

• integ
    integ

they're out there operating under the delusion that they've got the only message that can save people's lives, have chosen to ``go on the offensive," in effect throwing down the gauntlet to the public and therefore should be well prepared to defend their faith. They chose the terms of the confrontation, didn't they?

ROOM 215,

The above statement you made is EXACTLY ON TARGET...(awesome).

As much as I would hate for my Mom to get this out in service, she should be prepared to defend her faith if someone "asks for a reason". My mother believes the "Truth" to be what is presented by the WTS, with NO EXCEPTIONS. It breaks my heart because I know one day, maybe soon, she will discover the "Real Truth". And she will be devastated. Like so many of the old-timers who are truly sincere in their beliefs.

Integ.

• amac
    amac

Hello Room 215 -

With all due respect amac, I don't understand your sensivity toward these two JWs...

With all due respect, I don't understand the INsensitivity...

should be well prepared to defend their faith.

I agree. However, this had nothing to do with them "defending" their faith. He insinuated that she was using the donation funds to help finance a rich life style and then called her a liar. The closest he came to questioning their faith was asking why she drove a new SUV when armageddon was near. Had it been done in a resspectful manner, he might have received an answer, but who wants to have a discussion with someone that is bitter, resentfull and not open to discuss without insulting? Besides, it would have been an easily defended "faith." She has to drive something, might as well be something she likes.

From what I read, there was nothing personal or disrespectful about the questions put to them, just hard questions based on the unpleasant realities of media discloures of which their leaders have striven to keeo them ignorant.

Again, the insinuations that she had an overly wealthy improper lifestyle and was a liar are both personal and disrespectful. There were NO hard questions posed, besides the snide question about driving a Caddy before Armageddon (not a HARD question.) All he accomplished was to upset some lady.

Run don't walk -

but it's okay for the JW's to look down at everyone who is not a JW.

No, it's not OK. And it's not OK for you to look down on them and insult them. Talk about calling the kettle black.

As I said the way you present yourself to the public is very important !!!

So do you yell at every fancy car that has a "praisegod" license plate?

If something as childish as insulting women to get revenge on a concept that ruled your life in the past makes you feel better, than there is not much hope for you I am afraid. The rest of your life will no doubt be plagued with bitterness. Too bad you can't move on and be a little more objective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit