famous jehovahs witnesses

by Rush 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

JWS,

Yeah...I guess that's where all the curiosity comes from. But I guess I don't have to know what everybody else could get away with...I already KNOW that the ORG is full of a bunch of hypocrites!!

Lets all just love each other :)

Bernadine

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I met the bloke from Slade at meetings a few times...

I'm no expert, but am a bit of a Neil Young fan. I've never read anything about him being a Witness, and I must have half-dozen magazines in the pile of mags in the loo with Neil Young articles in them plus a book or two.

What's that thing where they wear some red string around them?

• MrsQ
    MrsQ

I used to think Prince was a genius. I am so, SO disappointed in him...

Also--if any of you have ever seen that HORRIBLE Saturday morning TV show, "Saved By The Bell", the black girl on that show was JW. Obviously she's not too famous, otherwise, I'd recall her name...plus its been years since I have seen it.

Q.

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

I will never forget it.... When I was a very young boy I attended the Chapel Hill, NC congregation. I sat right next to Micheal Jordan's Grand-mother, and He attended the meetings more than one time.... I will never forget that he had to "duck his head" a little to walk in the door. He only attended two or three times that I can think of..... but needless to say, I can also remember that there was quite a stir about asking for autographs.... It caused quite an upset and a few of the teen "sisters" were counciled about "Idolizing" him. He was a Tar-heel then. College boy ... He drove a blue Honda-Accord with a UNC sticker in the back window.

• El Cid
    El Cid

Theresa Graves - but I believe she died not too long ago in a fire.

• smurfette
    smurfette

Van Morrison was raised around JW's and does a song called Kingdom Hall on his album Wavelength. It's a good song, although his recollection of rocking out at the Kingdom Hall is very different from my memory of screeching harpe elder's wives belting out "We're Jehovah's Witnesses".

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Nope: from his hometown (Neil Young), Toronto.

Haven't heard a word about that, and I doubt it's true.

Prince, however does live here in Toronto now. I have no idea of his JW connections.

Rumours are simply that until proven otherwise.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Mrs Q asked about the young lady who was in the "Saved by the Bell" cast. This show has been out of production (and in reruns for about 10 years). The actress is Lark Voorhies (yes that spelling is correct!!) and she played the role of "Lisa Turtle" on the show.

Here is a link to her photo and info about Ms. Voorhies. Apparently she is out of acting and into her JW activity full time.

http://www.celebritystorm.com/celebs/pics/LarkVoorhies

Lark Voorhies Trivia

Lark Voorhies is one of Jehovah's Witnesses

Used to star in soap operas (Days of Our Lives and Bold & The Beautifull).

Guest starred on the Fresh Prince as Carltons ex girlfriend.

She is also known as the Queen of Spades.

Was once going to get married with Martin Lawrence.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Ray,

The music artist PRINCE is definitely one of Jehovah's Witnesses. He is from Minneapolis, and when Larry Graham lived here for a few years, he studied with Prince. They then appeared together on Vibe with Chaka Khan, and explained to the interviewer (actor/comedian Sinbad) about how they had found "the truth". Prince was secretly married to another J-dub in Hawaii about a year or so ago.

There have numerous articles in our local newspaper about how he has toned down his music since his religious conversion, and what effect this may or may not have had on him artistically.

• Gopher
    Gopher

NBA player Kevin Garnett of the Minnesota Timberwolves (who was 2nd in most-valuable-player voting last season to Tim Duncan of the San Antonio Spurs) was raised in the Carolinas as one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

I don't know how seriously he was involved. However, the first time he ever celebrated the Christmas holiday was when he was a member of the Timberwolves (who drafted him right out of high school to play for their team).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit