famous jehovahs witnesses

by Rush 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Rush
    Rush

hello all. this is my first post.

when i was still a witness myself, there were some perennial stories regarding 'famous' jehovahs witnesses or ex's. Does anyone know any truth or have any proof about the following: Hank Marvin, Cliff Richard and more importantly, the man who hit the gong in the 'Rank' movies?

if you have anyone of note you want to tell me about, i'd most appreciate it too.

cheers, rush.

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Hi Rush!!

(seen this post before!) Hank Marvin was and still is a JW as I recall. I met him once at Twickenham back in the 80's wearing those hideous red rimmed glasses, seemed like a nice bloke though.....

I'm sure you must have heard of the others...... Prince, Jacksons (maybe just the mother now) The Williams sisters (tennis), ......and yes the bloke who banged the gong in the J. Arthur Rank films (though that had a slightly different connatation when I was at school)

Incidently I read recently that Chaka Khan is studying (??) and Harrison Ford has even done the same (???????!!!!!!!!!) Guess you can't believe everything.......

I'm sure others know of more...............

• mouthy
    mouthy

Eve Arden! Yes -I know Cliff Richards was -I heard him give an interview while I was in England.Wasnt Eisenhowers Mother one?

• Hamas
    Hamas

Hello, my friend !

Word has it that PRINCE is a JW.

• be wise
    be wise
    Hank Marvin was and still is a JW as I recall.

Maybe he should try being an ex - then he might write something a bit less 'twangy' - (nah - tbh, I didn't find it that funny)

• Mary
    Mary

There was some actress years ago that used to play in a TV show called "Get Christie Love".......I think her name was Theresa Something or other......she left her "worldly" career and became a pioneer. As far as I know, she's still pioneering.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Mary,

You are right, she became a witness, however she died in a house fire about 3 months ago.

• berylblue
    berylblue

Theresa Graves

• berylblue
    berylblue

And welcome, Rush

• Mary
    Mary

Oh geeze.......I feel really stupid now! I didn't realize she had died.............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit