famous jehovahs witnesses

by Rush 49 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I was the lead in a school play in 4th grade. And then there was that other thing.

• Gordy
    Gordy

The Yorksire Ripper, Peter Sutcliffe was NOT a JW when he committed his killings.

He started having a study, while in prison, a couple of years ago. Whether he eventually became one I have not heard.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Selena, the TexMex singer.

Patti Smith was raised one.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

The guy who banged the gong at the start of Rank movies was a JW, guy called Ken Richmond I think. I recall him when I was a kid, as he wore casual fitness clothes to a Circuit Assembly, which I found interesting as every one else was suited up.

• blondie
    blondie

Mark McCumber, the golfer

Mickey Spillane, the writer

Dave Meyers, Milwaukee Bucks player (story in WT)

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

MANY musicians over the years, many who have or had parents who were/are JWs and wrote songs with heavy anti JW lyrics. Not using the words JW but a lot of dooms day stuff. I use to collect a lot of music but when I handed my collection down to my son I lost interest and went on to other things. Now I am almost brain-dead when it comes to remembering who wrote what when and why. Everything is always right on the tip of my tongue now.

• glitter
    glitter

Tony Adams (ex England footballer) and that bloke with the fringe out of Slade.

Have any been lifelong JWs and still been successful? It seems they either join when the rock 'n' roll lifestyle bites them on the bum or leave before they're famous (except Michael Jackson).

• marsal
    marsal

Does anyone know if Prince is baptized or just studying?

• Jourles
    Jourles

About 10 years ago, another brother and myself played a round of golf with Mark McCumber in Colorado. He was there on business consulting for something at a new golf course in Colorado Springs. This other brother's father knew Mark from way back when and got us hooked up to play with him while he was in town. I came away with two things about Mark --- 1.) Some players on tour called him "The Whistler" as he would whistle kingdom melodies while walking the course(I guess not many people are aware of that little tidbit), and 2.) He was a very cool guy for being a pro golfer. I thought he would have been a little more snobbish, but he wasn't.

I don't know if he is still a witness currently or not.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Check out this list at

http://www.adherents.com/largecom/fam_jw.html

Also some biographical info at the bottom of the page.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit