Men: Honest answers, please, to an honest question

by berylblue 87 Replies latest social current

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    Working for and with women results in what I call an "estrogenated atmosphere." Gossip, bitterness, backbiting... all of it from the women.

In my current office, there are 4 women and no men. Last year about this time, 2 of the women were replaced by 2 other women.

With my previous female supervisor and female co-worker, my work life was filled with gossip, bitterness, backbiting, hystrionics...etc..you name it. Myself and the other woman in the office were both ready to leave because we dreaded going to work.

Their replacements (both women) are the nicest, most relaxed, friendliest people I've worked with in ages. Not only do the other remaining co-worker and I go out of our way to compliment the 'new' people on how nice they are to work with, so does almost everyone else in the company.

Difficult people are difficult people, no matter what their sex. I have worked with bitter men who gossipped and stabbed people in the back and thought that all women were supposed to do their typing and anything else they didn't feel like doing and bring them coffee, even if they had more seniority (I've worked with more than a few men who were like this, actually)...does that mean all men are like that to work with? Hardly. I've worked with guys who were great co-workers.

• sandy
    sandy

They accused the female managers as being too bossy and demanding. The subject of gossip and back biting and vengence was put out as the primary problem.

This is a character flaw. Unfortunately, it seems it is a flaw that more women than men to have.

Men and women are the same but different in many ways. We are all human beings and should be respected for our differences because we balance each other out.

• Skeptic
    Skeptic
    With the help sperm of a man I might add.

LOL! I knew someone was going to say that! Hey, making a baby is a lot more awesome and important than making some sperm. Ok, making a sperm is important, being a vital part of the birth process.

With the way genetics is going, soon we will not need sperm at all. Conversely, we may not need eggs at all either. Artificial wombs have been around for decades. Soon even reproductive ability will be "equal" as well.

I have worked for both men and women. Good and bad bosses of both genders are out there, and I have worked for them. Gender does not determine competence, nor does it determine if a person is a donkey's behind.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

With the way genetics is going, soon we will not need sperm at all

Really, have you found a s ubstitute ?

I have worked for both men and women. Good and bad bosses of both genders are out there, and I have worked for them. Gender does not determine competence, nor does it determine if a person is a donkey's behind.

Good for you! You sound like a very lucky guy. I've only worked for one female boss that I liked, the rest as I have said before have been a pain in the a**!

Merc'

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

With the way genetics is going, soon we will not need sperm at all

Really, have you found a s ubstitute ?
    A substitute will be coming forth in the near future. Two eggs can be used to make a girl in a lab. In theory, it is very simple to do. In practice, it either has been done, or will be done soon.

Good for you! You sound like a very lucky guy. I've only worked for one female boss that I liked, the rest as I have said before have been a pain in the a**!

I have only worked for one female boss who was an a**. She was power-hungry. The rest I worked for have been very nice.

The two worst bosses I ever had were married able-bodied heterosexual white males in their thirties. So, logically, all married able-bodied heterosexual white males in their thirties are a**holes and less equal than wheelchair-bound black single lesbians in their sixties. Come on, people, this is common sense.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?
    Come on, people, this is common sense.

What's common sense? I simply chalk it up to different life experiences, its called perception. You are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine. But as I said before I would prefer not to work for a female manager. It's called preference.

Merc'

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    Come on, people, this is common sense.

LOL Skeptic,

unfortunately, common sense is not so common.

• one
    one

Yes and No, dont ask me...

Yes most men think women are inferior... average, their physical height is inferior and men tend to look down on them, just following the same reasoning you know.

No, most men think women have more "knowledge" and sense of direction, they know when and how to steer the 'wheel'...

MY opinion? (as a male) I first need to find out what "inferior" really means...can you help?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit