Men: Honest answers, please, to an honest question

by berylblue 87 Replies latest social current

• Jayson
    Jayson

Realist if you can so casually try to force the case that equality must be proven then that means that you think they are not? Please explain your question.

I tried to say that equality does not mean identical. But that does not seem to be what you are driving for. What is your point. (If you do not mind sharing)

• Realist
    Realist

jayson,

the value of a person is not determined by the sex. therefore males and femal are equally valuable. if skeptic meant his statement in this way than i agree.

if he meant that males and females have equal talents and behaviour than i have to disagree of course (not to mention the physical differences). man have for instance better mathematics related abilities while woman have better language related abilities - on average that is.

• Jayson
    Jayson

Thank you realist I agree with you.

• badolputtytat
    badolputtytat

I have been properly thrashed for mistating something on this thread. I suppose I don't open the car door for my wife because I "love" her... I do it because I RESPECT her. I show her LOVE by how I interact with her... and I show her RESPECT by doing simple things for her that may make her day a little easier.

However, we remain equals in our relationship... still not the same... but equal.

Thank you BT for getting on me about that.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    Don't come at me like a man does, don't try to use the same manners, tone or demeanor. I'll just blow you off and ignore you like some dopy loon.

Maverick, I don't think I even understand what you mean by this. I don't try to "act" like a man or a woman...I'm just me.

I've worked on a farm (we farmed the first 10 years we were married), I've been an OTR truck driver...does that make me "butch"? I was also a music major the first time through college, and performed Handel's Messiah in both the orchestra and the chorus, I have african violets blooming in my office (is that "feminine enough"?). I driven an 18 wheeler across the country, I've nursed a tiny sick kitten back to health. I'm starting grad school to get my PhD this fall.

So, which of these, if any, would make you ignore me like a dopy loon? Do you prefer women who dress in pastels and speak in soft, submissive voices? Cause that's kind of what you're sounding like.

For that matter, my husband can rebuild an engine, drive a truck, and nurse a sick kitten, too (and talk baby talk to it). Do you think talking baby talk to a sick kitten is "sissy"?

I might be totally misreading your post, but I'm just totally confused...

• Tron
    Tron

Well it all depends on the man or woman in question,

I could honestly say if you take a look at my mom who raised 3 kids in which one who was hearing impeared,she did a great job bieng divorced and having to fight for her alamony.and then you can take another woman who had less hardship to raise 1 kid and do a horrible job.Same applies for a man.

To get to the point is Yes women should be treated as equals to Men, Because there is no way a man can do what they can do we may have the physical strenght but they got the brains and then some so in my opinion they are probably much more superior to man in several ways.So they deserve to be treated as Equals.

Think of this Guy's would you be able to give child birth?

I think not they said that if men would have to bear children we would die from the pain.its sad to say but the only reason women have now stsrted to surpass pass men in professions is due to them being held back by men who were suffering from a supperiority complex.

Tron

• Jayson
    Jayson
    Think of this Guy's would you be able to give child birth?

http://12.31.13.115/HealthNews/reuters/NewsStory0701200325.htm

It's a freaky world we live in. Just because we think it not possible today who knows what tommarow will bring.

I do not believe the the "glass ceiling" I do not believe in "affirmative action." I do not believe in "quotas." I am not concerned with things being identical. But if someone can do the job, if they are the best suited for the job, l then they should have it. I don't care if someone is black, or white, male, or female, gay, or strait. I want the best person doing the job. What I find troubling is that it seems that the opposite is the concern in many places. I'd call it "diversity over merit." Women are entitled to equal status and protection under the law and that means in perception too. In the relm of parenting that should include parenting too.

I've suggested some books on these issues that meant something to me.

" The 10 Things You Can't Say in America" by Elders

"THE GOOD WIFE GUIDE"
    Have dinner ready. Plan ahead, even the night before, to have a delicious meal ready on time for his return from work. This is a way of letting him know that you have been thinking about him and are concerned about his needs. Most men are
    hungry when they come home and the prospect of a good meal (especially his favorite dish) is part of the warm welcome needed.

Prepare yourself. Take 15 minutes to rest so you will be refreshed when he arrives. Touch up your make-up, put a ribbon in your hair and be fresh looking. He has just been with a lot of work weary people. Be a little gay and a little more interesting for him. His boring day may need a lift and one of your duties is to provide it.

Clear away the clutter. Make one last trip through the main part of the house just before your husband arrives. Gather up school books, toys , papers etc... and then run a dust cloth over the tables. During the colder months, you should prepare and light a fire for him to unwind by. Your husband will feel he has reached a haven of rest and order and it will give you a lift, too. After all, catering for his comfort will provide you with immense personal satisfaction .

Minimize all noise. At the time of his arrival, eliminate all noise of the washer, dryer or vacuum. Try to encourage the children to be quiet .

Be happy to see him. Greet him with a warm smile and show sincerity in your desire to please him. Listen to him. You may have a dozen important things to tell him, but the moment of his arrival is not the time. Let him talk first, remember his topics of conversation are more important than yours.

Make the evening his. Never complain if he comes home late or goes out to dinner or other places of entertainment without you. Instead, try to understand his world of strain and pressure and his very real need to be at home and relax. Try to make sure your home is a place of peace, order and tranquillity where your husband can renew himself in body and spirit. Don't greet him with complaints and problems. Don't complain if he's late home for dinner, or even stays out all night. Count this as minor compared to what he might have gone through that day.

Make him comfortable. Have him lean back in a comfortable chair or have him lie down in the bedroom. Have a cool or warm drink ready for him. Arrange the pillow and offer to take off his shoes . Speak in a low, soothing and pleasant voice. Don't ask him questions about his actions or question his judgment or integrity. Remember, he is the master of the house and as such will always exercise his will with fairness and truthfulness.

Once he has had a chance to have his evening meal, clear the dishes and wash up promptly . If your husband should offer to help decline his offer as he may feel obliged to repeat this offer and after a long working day he does not need the extra work. Encourage your husband to pursue his hobbies and interests and be supportive without seeming to encroach. If you have any little hobbies yourself try not to bore him speaking of these, as women's interests are often rather trivial compared to men's.

At the end of the evening, tidy the home ready for the morning and again think ahead to his breakfast needs . Your husband's breakfast is vital if he is to face the outside world in a positive fashion. Once you have both retired to the bedroom prepare yourself for bed as promptly as possible. Whilst feminine hygiene is of the utmost importance, your tired husband does not want to queue for the bathroom as he would have to do for his train. But remember to look your best when going to bed. Try to achieve a look that is welcoming without being obvious.

If you need to apply face-cream or hair-rollers, wait until he is asleep as this can be shocking to a man last thing at night.

It is likely that your husband will then fall promptly asleep so adjust your clothing, freshen up and apply your nighttime face and hair care products. You may then set the alarm so that you can arise shortly before him in the morning. This will enable you to have his morning cup of tea ready when he awakes.

Have times changed???

I took slice of that from http://www.goofball.com/rants/INC20001023120730 Elders has is in his book. And I have used this "Home Economics" book clip in my own paper on the "Gender Gap."

"The War Against Boys: How Misguided Feminism Is Harming Our Young Men" By Sommers

If you have young boys that you are raising you should read this book. If you don't well, you should read this book.

"Women Can't Hear What Men Don't Say: Distroying Myth And Creating Love" by Farrel

Ever wonder how we got to these crossroads between the sexes? Farrel gives a very good account of where to go if you want to be happy.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Asleif: I was being a wise guy dear. But the point is a person should be comfortable with who they are. And a persons gender is an important part of that self image. I admire strong capable women. Pilots, police, doctors, etc. I don't feel treatened. My daughter is a very beautiful women and she will stand toe to toe with me if she thinks I'm wrong. Being a woman is a wonderful thing...I love them...I love the very concept. You can DO anything you want or put your mind to...and not sacrifice being a woman. All I ask is that I be treated with the same regard as a man. I am proud of being one. And I am tired of taking shit for it. Must there be a right and a wrong? Can't we just enjoy the other sex? Maverick

• berylblue
    berylblue

Jayson,

Regarding that blurb? That was almost exactly how I behaved with my two husbands. I subjugated my needs to the point where it was expected 24/7, and I would get screamed at or abused if I stepped out of line. The very line, I might add, that I created for myself based on how I was raised and their expectations. It got me no where but divorced.

• berylblue
    berylblue

One has to wonder if the new "Domestic Discipline" movement is due to men's increasing frustations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit